Does this forum create "yo-yo envy"?

I have a feeling you and I would get a long just fine if we lived near each other :joy:

You don’t have any spare 10-12wt rods you’d want to trade for yoyos do you?

1 Like

yoyo envy - nope. I’ve been on forums for quite some time now and never felt that way. The forums have always been a way to connect with others so see what’s going on. Yes, I have a bit of a collection, some expensive for their time, but never felt pressured to buy anything due to the community hype at the time. Most of what I have would be considered modest in price and were purchased because of a particular design feature I liked.

2 Likes

Just want to clarify that although I’d really like a lot of what yoyos people share here, I’m not totally busting to get my hands on them, it would just be nice to give them a throw.

1 Like

I don’t get envy so much especial here. Because I don’t have to look at the topics at all. Reddit is like 4 maildays to 1 anything else. No organization so you have to scroll past them with pictures. What I get a lot is frustration. There will be a yoyo drop with a very limited stock. I want to get it but I just don’t have the money at the moment. Then they are gone real fast. And after selling out comes the reviews for it. “IF!” there is a restock I’m usually over it by then. I tend to avoid brands that have a habit of this.

Ha! I don’t actually. My single handed rods top out at 8wt. I sometimes think about getting something bigger for Chinook fishing, but I never actually do it that much. And unless I move somewhere with access to those strong warm saltwater fish, I just don’t have any other need for them. The 8wt single and 7wt spey take care of everything “big” where I fish.

1 Like

Hi all, all that I meant when I wrote a reply that Jeff turned into a new topic was this: If you can only afford a cheap Duncan or a Magic Yoyo - rock it! But don’t feel bad that you do not have a $100 yoyo because, I believe, from my own experience of playing with both - they can be equally fun. Don’t feel bad about what you throw. Learn with what you have, save up for what you want. I begrudge no one with super expensive yoyos or for displaying them. I love my $100 yoyo as much as I love my $8.99 metal. Both perform outstandingly in my opinion. Sorry for raising the ire of so many of you. I truly enjoyed reading all of your opinions. Peace, Chris

3 Likes

Looking for a 10 for Musky fishing :grin:

2 Likes

I think you’re misinterpreting the posts in this topic if you are seeing “ire” here? Because I see none?

Seems like a completely reasonable and useful discussion to me?

1 Like

Yeah, no ire here, man.

Passion perhaps. But no anger or frustration. Just a bunch of folks discussing a hobby they love.

2 Likes

Thanks, missed you too fam

3 Likes