Does sloppy play matter if no one is watching?

I don’t think you would get many gigs if you played poorly. So yes, practicing the right way is very necessary.

I have no plans on extending my sloppy yoyo playing into a sloppy lifestyle.

I just like landing a trick and I’m not sweating what it looks like.

1 Like

The more you do a trick the cleaner you will get with it.

9 Likes

Technique isn’t all, but having good technique will help you grow and expand into more difficult areas. Poor technique might close some doors…

Poor technique could result in injury for some hobbies as well, such as carpal tunnel. I am not specifically talking about yo-yoing in these comments, but music.

6 Likes

Simple but profound ha. It takes many repetitions to zero it in.
Also focus… finally analyzed ninja vanish, why I was so inconsistent, and with focused practice I’m hitting it most of the time…

6 Likes

You know, David, you may be absolutely correct🙀

it’s all in the mind.

I’ve proved it.

I know this girl and I have always thought the she was ugly.

And every time I see her I think she is fairly ugly. But now I understand it was only my mind that thought it so.

Well, right before it got dark tonight, darn if she didn’t go right past the front of my house. And I got a real good look at her.

And amazingly, I no longer think she is fairly ugly.

I now know that she is Extremely ugly.

I went so far as to talk to her. I said, ‘Nice looking Broom you’re riding there. It goes with the hat’.

Thinking can be your enemy.

5 Likes

And it was that last post made by grandpapopular, that we all knew he was starting to lose his bearings…

:jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

So, you are the spokesman for a group of……?

2 Likes

No I’m just the narrator

2 Likes

Self appointed?

….Anytime you say ‘we’ that suggests you are speaking for more than just yourself.

Without any intentional malice of forethought. You assume your suggestion/view is supported by others …

You cannot logically substantiate a claim or personal viewpoint by using ‘we’ to support your narrative.

3 Likes

Love the way you think about some stuff

2 Likes

I didn’t think about each individual word as I was using them. I was just teasing you, yankin your string.

4 Likes

Hahahahah, I never know when you are serious or not, and this confusion is funny for me.

But the Halloween reference caught me off guard, I was thinking “hey, he never made a free harsh comment before”

I really like to read your posts. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d say yes and no…

8 Likes

Very true. I also play guitar. Carpal tunnel and tendonitis are big issues. Yoyo actually helps exercise the hands in different ways which is therapeutic if you don’t overdo it.

4 Likes

I like the way you polished your communication skill, and if I find pleasant the way you write, I would probably enjoy the way you talk even more. OG Storytelling style with adult humor. If you have any podcast or participation in one, let me know. :laughing:

3 Likes

In Shawn’s looping guides, he specifically says “Only Practice Good Loops.”

https://www.bandalore.org/shawnsguides/inside.html

8 Likes

1 Like

Happy Cake Day!

2 Likes

Yes, of course, everything matters!

Oh wait.

No it does not, nothing matters.

Wait, nevermind. I’m not sure.

11 Likes

You will perform how you practice. If you never plan to show off your tricks to anyone, then no it doesn’t matter. You are practicing for your own enjoyment.

If you plan to share your enjoyment at any point in the future, then yes, it matters.

If you plan to compete at any particular level, then this question shouldn’t even be asked lol.

Again, you perform how you practice.

4 Likes