Does it yo? Apple yo-yo

Starting a new concept of making yo-yos out of not yo-yo things. First up is an apple yoyo. Hope y’all enjoy.

17 Likes

I mean…that’s pretty much as much as I can do with any of the yoyos I own…so I’mma call this a success!

3 Likes

I love this. I’m eagerly waiting for more of this.

4 Likes

You can take a bite out of it to adjust the weight distro.

8 Likes

@MarkD lol good idea

If anyone has ideas of what else to use I would love suggestions.

I must give credit to Tony Fisher and Jensen. Tony Fisher is a Rubik’s cube modifier who has been around forever. He has been making cube’s out of food lately. I talked to Jensen about this a few weeks ago. Then recently the a-rt insta posted a photo of a butter yoyo. I talked to him again about it and the idea of doing this came up.

Take one of apple yoyo never worked. Had to get a dowel.

5 Likes

This is great stuff!

And btw… I have that same drawer at my house!

2 Likes

NOT a new concept! This was done about 8-10 years ago and had a very lengthy thread. I just can’t remember if it was on YYN or YYE.

1 Like

@KiLbUcK Damn. Wish I knew where that was. None they less I will continue on.

1 Like

I also remember when it was going on that Alchemy started making special SPR’s that would basically attach to anything to make it a bearingized yoyo!

2 Likes

Alchemy or BuzzOn?

Chico Anything Kit?

Looks interesting. Might have to track one down. Sticking with fixed axle for now.

Ahhhh…that was it Garrett!!! I remember people making yoyo’s out of potatoes and fruits etc. :rofl:

2 Likes

Dude it even has starburst response. I think you just need to widen the gap

4 Likes

Wait, cut the ends of the apple and flip it to a butterfly shape rather then an imperial. The cuts and the ends will give it walls

4 Likes

If that apple was certified organic, then you’d really have an organic yoyo.

3 Likes

You had to go with the pun…

That poor Apple. It got cut in half at 0:08, got stabbed with a stick at 0:20 , and was hung at 0:33. R.I.P apple 2017-2019

2 Likes

Actually it’s probably 2009-2019 cuz usually apples take 10 years to be (bearing) apples

2 Likes

0A, otherwise known as fixed-apple

5 Likes