Does anybody else think the shutter is one of YYFs greatest throws of all time?

1. Doomsday Genesis
  2. 7075 Catalyst
  3. 6061 Catalyst
  4. Hot
  5. Protostar

Are the splashed versions polished or blasted?

Are the splashed versions polished or blasted?

Polished

By the way, the Shutters look even better in person, especially the splashed version. When I made the last trip to YoyoExpert I was stunned looking at them on the shelves. They are great colors. The photos, mine included, do not do them justice.

1 Like

I’m not good@yoyo’s, and have few high end those, so take this with a grain of salt.

The Shutter is amazing at it’s price. It’s like the Corvette of yoyo’s. Outperforms lots of higher priced offerings and comes close to the best of the best. A Ferrari is amazing because of how good it is. A Corvette is amazing because of how close it is to the Ferrari for a fraction of the price.

Ferrari: art
Corvette: tool

1 Like

I do agree with you the photos definitely do not do the yoyo justice it looks extremely amazing in person, but it’s s not my favorite, but for the price point I cannot think of another metal in its category.

1 Like

Man the Shutter didn’t quite match with me. I wanted it to.

1 Like

I got my classic G-funk i love it personally i think is kind of bad.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I love what yoyofactory is up to. They have been, and currently are rocking, the yoyo scene with the crazy good products they are coming out with. I just got a Shutter and I love how long it spins. And its super smooth and all around fantastic. Although Im working out bearing issues with the center trac X coming pre-lubed. If I had to rank my top favorite yoyo’s all would be yoyofactories. But heres my list;

7075 Luis Enrique Genesis (Based off the doomsday version)
Shutter
ProtoStar
OneStar
Whip

1 Like

Wait. Do you love it or do yo think its kind of bad?

OOOO OOOO ME ME ME! I DO I DO I DO!

I even used it in my CLYW Video Contest entry earlier today.

yes. the shutter is the best yoyo ever made ever. like out of all companies. its the shutter. its so good.

Second best yoyo ever made; Luis Enrique Genesis.

I’m pretty sure that the best yoyo ever made isn’t made in China…

1 Like

why isnt this considered racism?

YYF makes a lot of stuff with various shapes and weight distributions. What is or isn’t their greatest throw/design of all time is a rather subjective point of view.

I’m simply not a fan of the SuperNova, Nova, Severe, Genesis and 888X, just to name a few. The HOT doesn’t sit too well with me but the odds are I won’t be buying or ever owning one, and if one came my way, it would probably be quickly traded or sold off. I can’t find anything wrong with any of these yoyos, and they are all top sellers and do very well. The fact that I don’t like them only says that they don’t mesh well with my preferences and nothing more. And yes, I’ve played all of these. I also wanted to get all of these, but fortunately, I was able to get the opportunity to try before purchasing. However, I’m not down on YYF metals or YYF. If YYF makes something, I wouldn’t mind trying it first because I might just end up liking it.

Personally speaking, I feel the Equilateral is the best YYF ever made, but even then it could use a touch of help, such as a blast finish for better grinds. That and the original MVP. Then the 2013 SuperStar followed by the regular SuperStar.

YYF I think has done really well this year with their releases. Obviously, the Equilateral stood out above the rest. The Proton is also well enjoyed by me. The Roll Model isn’t an ideal fit for me, but I like it more than I dislike it and it serves an important purpose because it’s forcing me to clean up bad play habits. The new 2013 SuperStar did what was needed to the SuperStar to re-modernize it for the current play trends and they knocked this one out of the park in my opinion.

That gets me to the Shutter. One thing I don’t understand is how did they get this so inexpensive. I guess the machining was fairly simple or something. They also tossed in a generic YYC SPEC bearing to cut costs further. I am not sure why they did this, because for another $5, they could have thrown in a CenterTrac and people would still flock to this yoyo at that price. It really is an amazing yoyo if you like the shape and weight. What’s nice is that the yoyo also has a Championship under it’s very young belt, giving it tremendous “cred”. We all have to admit though, it’s really more than player than the yoyo.

With a $45USD price tag, this might spell the death of the dv888, which at the same price, is clearly NOT in the same performance category in my opinion. However, my disclaimer is that I’ve expressed feeling not completely pleased with the dv888, so that may bias my outlook.

RecRev has been amazing people with performance to price ratios for a while now. It seems other companies are trying to do the same thing in their own way. This is good, because extremely high quality and high performance yoyos are hitting that sub-$50 market. For many up and coming players with tight budgets, this is great. With that in mind, the Shutter is probably one of the best price to performance ratio in that price category. Despite most people wanting to put in a different bearing as an after-market upgrade, even at a $50-$55 price range, this yoyo is still a fantastic bargain that far exceeds it’s price when it comes to performance. Then YYF comes back and says “Hey, we’re gonna offer blasted models at the same price”, which makes the price an even better value by offering yet MORE performance and playability.

I gotta say, YYF did extremely well with the Shutter. This is a model I’d like to see in the hands of anyone who wants one. I have two(regular and blasted), and my son has one.

Greatest? Only time and public opinion will tell. I feel this is a serious contender though.

I wish I could fill a jar with everyone’s self righteous 2 cents from this forum. I’d be able to buy so many more yoyos. Additionally, knocking the Shutter or any “made in China” product is xenophobic not racist.

As for the Shutter itself…I’m looking forward to trying one eventually. The Yuuksta and Boss are 2 of my all time favorites and were Fundametals so I won’t be surprised if I really enjoy the Shutter. That said, as subjective as yoyo preferences are, I still find it hard to believe that a $45 retail yoyo is a GOAT for a company with such an insane amount of much higher price point quality throws. In 3 months the Shutter will be just as good of a throw as it is now but I fully expect it to be replaced by the next flavor of the month value yoyo.

saying that no matter what another country will never be as good as you is racist

I’m not insulting Asians in any way. I’m saying that products normally made in China are inferior quality compared to that of an American made product.

Now shut your Pie-Hole.

A, racism is against a race, biased towards one country is another thing entirely.

B, he is not “dissing” asians in general he is only implying that the standards of craftsmanship in China are lower, which is feel is a blatant generalization.