Do you yo-yo in public, have you ever met anyone else throwing in public?

Yup, Mark was right, 100% was Ky Zizan.

Wowzers! Iā€™m so impressed Iā€™m joining Instagram just so I can put a ā€œlikeā€ on that. Also I need to have another kid so I can name it Lando Finkel. Thanks for sharing that.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never yoyoed in public. I donā€™t even leave the house with a yoyo most days!

1 Like

You are now dead to us Justin

10 Likes

Justin: *leaves house
Me: Itā€™s dangerous to go alone! Take this!
Also me: *hands justin a yoyo
Justin: *walks back inside

8 Likes

Went to the ocean today(last time I was too shy to throw) and threw down. Not gonna lie it was awesome. Even landed McBrideā€™s on the one string.

4 Likes

I was in the car, on my way to a friendā€™s house when I saw some person playing with a yoyo on thw sidewalk. They were working a sign, advertising Little Ceasarā€™s Pizza, and playing 2A

8 Likes

Like, in the ocean?

2 Likes

Dammit I said ā€˜toā€™ not ā€˜inā€™. :grinning:

3 Likes

I thought you might be yo-yoing with your feet in the surf, which sounds awesome.

3 Likes

That does sound awesome.

1 Like

Did you stop and ask him?!?!?!?!

1 Like

No, I was on my way to a friendā€™s house and we were like an hour and a half lateā€¦
but I noted the Little Caesars it was and will probably get a chance to go back and find the person :smiley:

1 Like

I was throwing my TiVayder this morning while waiting in line at the water bill office, and the guy standing behind me I was like

ā€œwoah, I used to be really into yo-yos when I was in high school back in the late 90s. Thatā€™s so cool I havenā€™t seen anyone play with one in so long!ā€

Sad thing is, I didnā€™t get to really respond to his comment because the lady called me up to the counter right as he was telling me this.

I wanted to tell him that I plan on putting together a local yoyo club soon. :confused:

Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool.

14 Likes

I feel this. This past weekend I happened to meet a world champion and a couple of national level competitors, who then asked me how long I have been yoyoing (a year), and then itā€™s just like, do I even try to yoyo right now? Lol
I know itā€™s just yoyos, but crap thatā€™s a little intimidating to a newbie

7 Likes

I was playing while on a field trip with my kidā€™s school, and the guides said it was a shame Joe wasnā€™t there today, since he is an active yo-yoer. Hours later when we are leaving I see a former student from a few years back, and canā€™t quite remember his name. I ask him, and he says ā€œJoe. Is that a yo-yo?!ā€

6 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention, when my family were in Zion, we were filming yoyo videos on the Angelā€™s Landing trail, and a LOT of people crowded around to watch, one guy shouted ā€œOh look! itā€™s a Duncan!ā€ it was pretty funny, I got a round of applause at the end too, lol.

8 Likes

I remember sometime last year I went to Chicago with family and I was throwing on the sidewalk. A guy who was skateboarding came up to me and said he used to throw a couple years back. He said he used to have a shutter so I let him try mine, and he knew how to do double or nothing and stuff.
Also a friend of mine at school randomly turned out to be a yoyoer who stopped a few years back and I got him back into it, so thatā€™s cool.

5 Likes

I was having a vacation to Singapore and then I went to this park. I came there to enjoy the morning before I left and I decided to throw my Marco. Then a small crowd saw me playing and thought I was performing. When I headed back to my hotel I met this kid who told me I was great and he asked if he could try. Having just gotten a hold of the Marco days ago, I knew that I probably canā€™t trust anyone with it. Luckily, I had actually brought a Wedge in case I wanted to do some 5a, but also serving as an emergency throw in case someone wants to try yoyoing. The kid thought my Wedge was broken because it canā€™t come up. Itā€™s always quite fun seeing beginners try to figure out what is wrong with a yoyo even though nothingā€™s wrong XD

3 Likes

Oh man we just passed Zion a couple weeks ago but we didnā€™t have time to stop. Itā€™s been a goal of mine make a day of it out there, just need to find the time.

1 Like