Do you yo-yo in public, have you ever met anyone else throwing in public?

I’m seeing this after yoyoing in a small bustling HK street.

1 Like

And the underground bus stop I was in had only like a half dozen of people, so… eh…

1 Like

Depends on the style! Could be anything from gravity pull to dense tech to full 'zontal.

Technically…depending on what you were doing…accidents happen!

Too bad that you can’t really buy a quality yoyo in regular stores.

1 Like

but thats assuming we all live pretty close to each other? how many people are on this forum anyway?

1 Like

Shamefull I only ever yoyo at home, this is because I’m just not very ccomfortable with attracting attention to myself which is a bit of a shame because I would love to yoyo on my lunch break at work. Maybe this is something I can work on!

3 Likes

You will probably find no one will have the slightest interest in watching you. I understand where you’re coming from and the chance of messing up. I yoyo at work and my boss only walks in at the exact second of a really bad bind - the kind you just give up on, grab the darn thing and hand wind the string.

7 Likes

I met someone at my school who likes yoyos but then he stopped he said it was to hard. He had a yyf whip and yyf fast 201

3 Likes

Yeah, I would not let someone give up on yoyos because they got frustrated with THOSE yoyos. I have both and if those were my only 2 I would have given up 3 years ago. Any $14 metal unresponsive would have helped him advance pretty quickly. Another one got away…

Yea, he was like stuck on boing boing and houdini mount.

3 Likes

Ugh, with those yoyos? Double ugh. My personal opinion. If I never went metal :metal: I would not have advanced that much.

1 Like

Yea I got a replay pro as my first proper yoyo that is pretty good.

3 Likes

It’s a good yoyo but for me, I get soooo much more out of metal. Metal just gives me so much more spin time and makes everything so much easier. Not easy meaning less effort or needing less practice. I have two Replay Pros and some other plastics but metal…more speed, more time for combos.

I think I met the same guy… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yes, students love it.

1 Like

I think you both met each other.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Do you yo-yo in public, have you ever met anyone else throwing in public?:

Hmm. Seriously never met anyone. sometimes my big brother plays with my yo-yos like once in a year.i want to meet André Boulay from YoYoExpert, and Adam b from YoTricks someday.

3 Likes

Both very cool guys and very good teachers!

3 Likes

Same to you…

3 Likes