Do you say no?

I generally let people try them, as was previously noted people at meet are usually competent throwers. I had one occasion where a guy let me try his yoyo (don’t rember what it was) only after he shortened the string to 3/4 length. It was odd to me because I was a foot taller than he was. :smiley:

I never don’t always sometimes not only always not say never no.

1 Like

I will admit that I am a little hesitant about letting others throw my yoyos. I don’t mind folks (as in folks who can bind) trying my plastics, but when it comes to metals, they gotta let me try one of their throws. And it pretty much has to be a metal. So yeah… I’m a little stingy about my collection…sorry. I like to keep my collection as mint as possible. Not to mention, if I let someone throw a yoyo of mine, and it starts acting up later, my mind would automatically put them as a probable suspect of the culprit of the problem.

But, i wouldn’t let a kid that uses a super short string play my throws, if he switches the string, sure. And if i got a throw for over $150, i would let only certain people use it, like they have to be good (not like master, just like advanced)

Back when I first got into it once I got pretty good people would want to try it, but they had zero experience, so I wouldn’t let them, because there was too much risk they’d destroy it… And I only had the one and couldn’t just up and buy a new one…

Just yesterday my roommate tries to throw the one I had just got, not to yoyo, but to play with her cats… I immediately take it away from her saying that’s unacceptable… She gets mad at me, saying I’ve used her things why can’t she use mine… Because the cats can ruin the yoyo, she doesn’t get it…

Then I wake up to see the yoyo on the floor and the string slightly damp… Luckily the cats will be gone in a couple weeks…

When people come to my house, or I’m at theirs, and they want to try one of my high end throws because they look cool, I hand them a classic first. The look all dissapointed initially, and I say: this cost $10, the other one cost almost $200. If you damage the nice one, I’ll be very sad, so try this first, then try the other if you are still interested. They either give up after frustration with the classic, or throw it a little, then try the nicer one. I don’t say no, but just want to give them a flavor of what they’re getting into before handing over my nice stuff to someone who has no idea how long strings are or what to expect at all.