Do you need a high quality metal yoyo?

Yeah, I think if you go back X years, high-quality and expensive are more strongly correlated. Not sure how big X is. But there are also high-quality slimline metal yo-yos, which are a different sort of beast altogether.

I think what you “need” is just what gets you stoked to PLAY.

For some that will be the newest, best, shiniest, hypest. For others nothing beats the feeling of their old beater. There’s no right or wrong.

It’s never about what you need to hit tricks - it’s about what you need to feel like yoyoing is exciting. Whatever gets you to that point where you’re throwing a lot and feeling good about it, that’s where your playing advances.

2 Likes

And that’s fair. However, six hours before your response, the OP clarified what he meant by the thread title. vegabomb explained that he didn’t really mean “expensive”, but rather “high quality”. Debating the merits (or lack thereof) of “expensive” yoyos isn’t really on-topic anymore, despite what the thread title says.

Well, it is possible for the topic owner to edit their topic title any time. That’s true even if they aren’t a moderator like @vegabomb is :wink:

1 Like

Well; I deleted my above posts because I obviously wasn’t paying attention🙀