Do you guys prefer #1 or #2?

I’m testing out tricks with a new backdrop. If you could tell me which one you would rather see in an review I would appreciate it!
Here is the link to the video: #1 or #2? - YouTube

3 Likes

#2 for sure! The string got a little lost in #1 but stood out super well in #2.

2 Likes

i like 2 but i think you’ll have to move the camera further back to be able to see everything that your doing. if you can get the same framing as in clip 1 but with the clip 2 background you’re sorted :smiley:

6 Likes

Also…the first time I watched the video I was just paying attention to the string and the background haha.
But holy heck! Nice freaking tricks man!! :fire:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m going to try to do that!

4 Likes

nice one and also after reading twitch77s comment I realized the same. sweet tricks man! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

How is this?

2 Likes

I prefer backdrop 1 over 2 because the camera is farther away from you. It makes it more comfy to watch for me. What you’ve posted is definitely an improvement but I still prefer backdrop one, it’s just too close for me (but that’s just my opinon).
If you don’t have the space to put the camera further back you could try to use a lens with less focal length (the image will more zoomed out and we’ll get to see more).

2 Likes

How’s this

5 Likes

#2 for sure!

2 Likes

I like that one the best so far! I’d zoom it out maybe a little more if possible, some tricks that send the yo-yo higher than eye level might out it off-screen which I’ve found to be bothersome in other yo-yo vids.

If the black backdrop doesn’t fill the whole screen I don’t think it’s a big deal, as long as it’s behind the main “playing zone” which it is.

If you want to make the string more visible without a backdrop, you could try experimenting with lighting. For example you could try shooting in a dark room with a couple near-field little flood lights to illuminate yourself without throwing too much light onto the background. I’m not saying it’ll work because I’m no camera expert, but it’s worth a try. Might really make the bright string colors pop, who knows.

Ivan

2 Likes

Experiment a bit more. Not really a fan of black backdrops but that’s just my personal taste

2 Likes

I much prefer the first one. I could see the string just fine and you were the perfect distance away from the camera.

1 Like

looking good man. can see the full trick and string clearly.
gets lost a little at the bottom and blends in a bit with your light-coloured trousers. But that’s easily fixed.
keep playing around with stuff like lighting and whatnot you might find something cool

1 Like

#2 for sure. Better string visibility.

1 Like

As it is 1 is better, but really hard to tell because 1 is better quality. As other said the framing in 2 is too tight, the focus is a bit off and also the exposure. If you are shooting on auto mode with all that black the camera sensor “thinks” there is not enough light and makes it lighter so the end result is somewhat grey. If you choose to shoot with black shirt and black backdrop you should either control the camera (or phone camera) manualy, reducing the light, or while editing add some contrast and the shot will look better, or both.
Well looking at the video again, it might be more the focus than the exposure but I will keep the advice.
And also you don’t making it easy on the camera playing so fast…

3 Likes

was going to say the exact same thing. framing in #1 is better.

1 Like

Both.

1 Like