Do we need more RBCs?

Actually that sounds pretty cool.
I’m sure it wouldn’t be too small, and would still be a player.

4 Likes

Small polycarb would be fantastic.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Id be most likely to jump on a polycarb

3 Likes

I’m on it.

11 Likes

I can’t say that I understand the Yo-Yo business or personal situations, but if you truly believe in your product then why not make them available?

Imagine where the yo-yo industry would be today if Pedro and Donald didn’t make the leap.

3 Likes

We made two runs of the RBC.

7 Likes

And we still love them

2 Likes

I’d like to give one a go, so I’d cast my vote for a red one.

Preferably with O- as the only engraving.

I only have one. I need at least three.

One to play
One to display
And one to hide away

3 Likes

I’m down for anything EXCEPT titanium. I want to be able to afford one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Personally I would like to see a taller one, in the 57-58.5mm Diameter but maintaining the same width. I feel that the RBC is already on the small side of 55.

3 Likes

Personally I’d say don’t go smaller.

5 Likes

I’m sure this is out of scope but i’ve been wanting a nickle throw to develop a gorgeous patina.

wooden ones would be amazing… (i’ll just see myself out. :sweat_smile:)

A mini would be very cool, id even like one made of recycled HDPE like the survivalist.

1 Like

So I’ll expand my thoughts a tad now that I’ve had coffee I think for rbc it’s gonna be a cost issue for some of this stuff. The hollow design I imagine makes it more expensive to make.

If my assumption is right then pc or ti is gonna be an expensive endeavor. I feel like pc could work but would have to change the design. Ti could keep the design but I imagine price point would be close to 300 maybe I’m off but I can’t imagine that’s gonna be a cheap thing to make. To sucks to work with and that hollow design would be tough in ti.

Moon rock sounds doable in comparison I worry it would be a string cutter but that’s something that could be smoothed out but I don’t feel that would raise the cost dramatically and would give a really neat texture and feel.

Cerakote or polished would be neat too. Either way I feel like a special ano or coating would be more in line with what most would be able to afford unless @Glenacius_K can really tweak the design to fit a more expensive to work with medium.

That said if the metal harbinger is as good as I imagine and more simple in design in the sense it doesn’t have the hollow cap complexity I could see value in a to version of that in the future.

For size I imagine ti would have to be scaled down just to make it affordable regardless of design.

I would also be content with just a really sturdy aluminum though.

3 Likes

The metal RBC was based off the original wooden RBC!

2 Likes

I think these need to be explored, this YoYo would be more interesting and desirable as I already have 2 RBCs, I don’t have a Metal Harbinger and I like its taller shape. Going to go play my wood one today as its FAF.

2 Likes

Oh I know, I’m just teasing as I’ve been cheer-leading for more wood bloodcells for a few months, but that is a discussion for a different thread.

4 Likes

Mitch Hedberg finally shows up here!

A titanium RBC is of interest to me for 2 reasons:

1. The thermal conductivity properties of titanium mean that it doesn’t make your hands as cold when played outside in the winter.

2. I would like an RBC that is slightly heavier. ~52-54g.

I’ve actually thought that another Aluminum RBC with a slightly larger diameter, a slightly higher inner wall (but same width) and as a result a slightly higher weight would be very interesting to me. I think it would stick stalls better, because I love playing the RBC but it is a bit trickier to land stalls consistently with its design.

4 Likes