Do unresponsive pocket plastics exist? If so, what's your favorite?

Another vote for the DocPop BoltXP. It comes with me everywhere!

8 Likes

I want to know how Luftverk went about getting the plastic Fulvia into production because the process sounds interesting and I’d love to see a plastic rbc with a texture akin to old YYJ.

2 Likes

for me its yyj classic hands down, hard to come by these days but luckily I managed to snag one from japan.

Here’s the thing: It will be very expensive and we would have to make say, over 1000 for it to be sold around $20 or less.

If we are going to produce them at those quantities, they would have to be sold widely, beyond yoyo stores. To do that effectively, you’d need a team with several skilled and passonate OA players to promote it for them to sell well.

We just dont have the funds and thay kind of team to support it, hence it can’t happen.

6 Likes

Amen, I have it and use it all the time, it’s a great yoyo! Also is quite cheap so even if it get destroyed you not gonna kill yourself!

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend the YYF One for a pocket plastic. It’s okay as a beginner yoyo, but doesn’t hold up for more complex and demanding tricks. It’s not very stable and doesn’t have a lot of rim weight, and the catch zone is really tiny, even smaller than hard H shaped yoyos like the Aitch or the Mowl Surveillance. It also has high walls without any response bump, so it really isn’t great for doing difficult tricks like horizontal. I just find that there are much better yoyos out there for the price of the YYF One.

I would personally recommend the YYF Onestar or the YoTricks Sage (they’re the same yoyo) for your pocket plastic needs. It’s not very wide at 41.01mm and has a decently large catch zone. It also has a good amount of rim weight and costs very little, making it great for a plastic beater that you can bring everywhere.

Edit: The width of the Onestar is somehow not the same everywhere. I have found 40.3mm, 41.01mm and 43.5mm. So I guess get one at your own risk.

5 Likes

I agree on OneStar but the YYF One is the one that was my beater when I learnt tricks. It is true that it is not stable that’s why I mentioned switch bearing to Center Track for longer spin and stability because the stock bearing is Half Spec.

But true that my bad for not mentioning OneStar, an underrated option

3 Likes

Rain City Skills Delrin Gamer. Pop some weight rings in that bad boy and you’re off to the races.

7 Likes

Sorry, folks. I just realised the title says unresponsive pocket plastics. Please ignore my drivel about a plastic RBC if you hadn’t already.

4 Likes

I still think that a plastic RBC sounds great glen !!! Don’t say that you have to ignore it. I actually really liked the idea and I’m glad that you brought it up :grin:

5 Likes

Yes, I understand that. My comments about the One were referring to it with the centre trac bearing, as it would be extremely difficult to make the One play unresponsive with a half-spec slim bearing.

3 Likes

Here’s a thought I had and just tested it. I took my Docpop x RCS PopArt, removed the ‘gamer pads’ and popped in standard CLYW snow tires (they sit flush) and put in a cleaned A bearing. It makes a very fun slimline plastic unresponsive that has lots of power with the rim weight!

11 Likes

I agree whip with a c bearing

4 Likes

If you can find one, I’d suggest a Duncan Freehand 2 but they are pretty rare these days… A more widely available one for today would be the newly re-released Freehand 1. They play great once they are set up. Plus! The concave bearing upgrades are on the way to retailers right now so it’ll unlock the FH1 even more. They are very pocketable, the width is 39.5mm.

3 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

1 Like