Do sponsored players earn a lving just from getting sponsored?

Well you are correct in saying that we would never say 1A to someone outside of the community. I didn’t say that lol. I mean most people I have encountered, at least know there is a difference in styles of play, not saying they know the terms or ins and outs of them. Maybe I see it differently and assume that the percentage of people here in AZ that have some kind of idea what yoyoing has become is spread across the states or whatever even minimally. Maybe I am speaking optimistically but someone has to. I can’t for the life of me, imagine a hobby/sport that has been doing the things that yoyoing has, still be as small as it is. Even the World Texting Competition has a 50k grand prize (at least when I checked back in 2010).

Anyways, the main point I was trying to make is that, I believe that we are the reason that yoyoing is still such a niche market. We aren’t actively trying (as a whole) to involve the public and raise attention.

OK. :slight_smile:

Short of funding a marketing campaign, I’m doing the best I can! I throw in public all the time, never discourage people from asking questions or requesting tricks (or just give’em a bit of what they know… I spotted an older lady was watching me the other day, so I threw in Rock the Crade and I heard her make a delighted comment to her companion).

Got a few colleagues interested in playing; the rest are aware now. Family’s all aware… other friends. I’m doing pretty good!

If I wanted to do more, I could try organizing a local competition and get some media coverage. But I know my talents, and event planning and execution is not one of them.

1 Like

Haha and THAT is what I was talking about. You appeal to the views of the general public. And because of that it will stick with her and she will talk about it. If more did that, on a regular basis, I don’t think we would be in this boat.

I appreciate your points and giving some insightful conversation. I hope I didn’t come off rash at all.

Nah, it’s all good fun! You enlightened me as well. :slight_smile:

Steve that video makes me look up to you even more now :wink:

1 Like