Do Not Trade With Chase Hadden

I am one of the people that didn’t receive my side of a trade from Chase. It seems like he is trying to straighten it out now, but before, he would respond to about 1 of 50 of my messages. I really hope Chase can redeem himself, as he has great potential if he were more responsible.

I am in unbelief. My goals are to get sponsored by a yoyo company mainly CLYW. If he wants to trade then he needs to keep his end of the bargain. I do not diagree with you Chris. You are doing what you should as his sponsor. I love ya Chase but please man keep the yoyo community real. Has anyone contacted Andre about this.

Also if Chase doesn’t get things right then they might not use his songs for cabin tutorials. Little bit of humor.

Why would they? It’s got nothing to do with Andre.

It’s bad enough that Chris had to get dragged into this. But players represent brands for better and occasionally for worse.

2 Likes

Apparently he has his dad ship for him after months of excuses. One parent is in MN, one parent is in Canada.

I personally do not give a **** where your collection is. If you cannot follow through with a trade, do not make it.

I was given nothing but excuses for Chase’s behavior. In my mind, I personally lost respect for CLYW. Happy that this screencap popped up, gives me a little hope.

But Chris, it honestly seems like you value your players talents rather than there personalities.
I know I for one would not sponsor a scammer. I don’t care if he can throw like Jensen. If he was a scammer, boom. done. no sponsorship.

In my mind, Chris needs to judge the character of his team before he just throws someone under the CLYW name. Get some older more experienced players.
Quit being so ungodly picky, quick only picking children… I mean, you turned down Daniel Zammy Ikler a long time ago for chrissakes. And you know darn well if he put dedication into it, he would be one of your tops. (Other than Chuck of course, kid is a monster),

Just stop hiring d!cks. Make the “prospect” aspect longer. Spend personal time with them, AWAY FROM YOYOING. Get to know the real person and mind.

This is just my opinion, I’m sure Chris will hate it, but whatever. It has now been said.

Also - What is Andre going to do about it? The man is an awesome dude, and has done alot for the community, but some people act like he is the “fix all” when that is not true by any means.
Also - Most of this happened in my BST on facebook (if you do not know, I admin one with 900+ members) - I did EVERYTHING, aside from showing up at his dad’s house and stealing his collection, lol, to attempt to remedy these multiple situations. For a while, my inbox was blowing up with how many people were getting messed over by him. I banned him from the two main FB BST’s. If he finds another to scam people on, sigh, I guess let them be gullible.

~Josh
~BYYS

1 Like

Scamming people through trade is very unprofessional, who wants an unprofessional player on their team? Especially one who scams people? It will give their company a bad name.

Stop it there. Chris would’ve had no way to know this about Chase. I certainly didn’t. I’ve met Chris before, and he definitely doesn’t sponsor for pure talent. I mean really, he made this thread. He obviously doesn’t want to let a great player go, but he has to if they can’t work with people.

1 Like

Please just stop. I know that this is your opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion, but please do a little research. Chase is one player on a relatively large team. What other player has bad character on CLYW? I’ve met most of the team and I am friends with a few of them, I’ve never had a bad interaction with them. Chris puts an extensive amount of time into who he sponsors. When he decided to sponsor David from Prague, one of the biggest deciding factors of that sponsorship was how kind and thankful he was, along with his skill. Pali is so nice and humble, Ernest is extremely kind and helpful, and I’m sure I could go on about pretty much everyone on the team. You are letting the actions of one member represent your entire perception of a company? That’s the equivalent of letting the actions of one crazy person in the military give you impression the entire military is that way. There was a soldier a couple years ago who threw an animal off of a cliff, does that give you perception that every soldier is an animal abuser? No. He was an animal abuser who just happened to also be a solider. He was disciplined severely for that though. Your previous statement is very narrow minded and I’m asking you to please open your mind.

Wow. I must say now, Chase Hadden, stay off the fourms. And, yeah, you guessed it, really? Grow up.

I know, I agree. You read it the wrong way. I’m saying I can’t believe that Chase would risk losing his spot on the CLYW team over something so small as trading yoyos. Apparently he can throw like a boss and do this and that, but he can’t fulfill his side of a yoyo trade? I wasn’t meaning it like it wasn’t a big deal, it’s a very big deal. I’m sure Chris gets a lot of emails from people wanting a sponsorship and Chase was given a sponsorship and then totally makes Chris look bad and blows it because he can’t do something so small as completing a trade agreement. Even if it was just one trade that he screwed someone over on, that means there’s someone out there getting shafted and that reflects on his character big time. If everyone would just live by the golden rule, everything would be all good. Just treat everyone like you want to be treated. Chase, would you want to send someone a yoyo only to receive a bunch of excuses on why they didn’t send theirs? Exactly.

This is going nowhere productive.

The End.

i’d like to mention this guy recently tried to set up a trade with me claiming he didn’t know much about yo-yos, never pays for yo-yos, and would be doing the trades through his roommate. i didn’t do anything with him, but figured i’d mention it…

i can screen cap some of the bs if necessarry

3 Likes

Super Bowl Sunday should also be Yoyoboard Funday.

Please post up some of Chase Haden’s’ Con man lunacy.

I need a good laugh.

If the kid is playing the same game 6 years later… I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but…

Do we see a ‘possible’ pattern here?

5 Likes

Did he do it through this forum? If so, please message me his user name.

1 Like

nope it was on facebook with his actual name back in mid-december. claiming he didn’t know what nmtbs meant either, lol… just wanted to give a heads up, it all clicked today…

1 Like

there were red flags all over the place for me right away (before the name recognition):

-wanted to trade his near mint markmont next for my mint markmont classic

-wouldn’t send pics, just a video

-description of near mint, when viewed on the video, showed gouges and damage more significant than near mint… maybe not woodchipper status, but not the way it was described

lessons:

-do your homework

-buyer beware

-if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is

5 Likes

Oh neat!

Just throwing this out there…

I have a Marmont NextGen GTX 2.0 I’d trade for your classic! It’s in NMTbsNbcCbs!
I’m willing to sell it too!

My paypal account got hacked so if you can just provide me with your credit card and social security number I can take payment for you.

I do not have pics because my camera broke. But I have this video I took with my phone’s camera!

As you can clearly see it’s pretty much brand new. You’re really getting a good deal and you’re lucky I’m being so generous!!

5 Likes

lmfao! i have the exact same one! it’s a 1 of 1!

i still have the video too… lol

2 Likes

All joking aside. A person really has to be a numbskull to ever give out his social security number.

I mean, people have asked for mine.

But I’m no fool.

I will only give out the last 9 numbers.

:wink:

7 Likes

lol :sweat_smile:

And yeah, I sometimes have a hard time feeling bad for people who get scammed online…especially when there’s a ton of red flags and it seems SO overly obvious that something suspicious is going on.

2 Likes

:rofl: