DM too unresponsive

Yes.

And it may as well have been the same yo-yo as he could do some simple mods to make it unresponsive like things suggested throughout this thread. But it also could have been another yo-yo that looks the same.

Either way, having the yo-yo unresponsive would give him an advantage of having longer spin times to demonstrate longer tricks for us. Also, it’d make it more confusing for beginners to see him doing binds and stuff when they are oblivious to them at that stage.

He probably just uses like really thick lube… or unrecessed silicone?

Thanks to everyone that posted. While I do want to play unresponsive in the future, I would like to learn the basics first which require a bit more of a responsive yo-yo. Therefore, I think the best bet is to buy the YoYoJam Thick Lube or to buy another yo yo that is responsive. Now I can see why you guys buy muliple yo-yos.

If I buy a yo yo to play with a bit more responsive play, which do you all recommend?

If I place this lube on the DM is it as simple as washing it off to make it unresponsive again?

First of all, I don’t recommend getting thick lube. Thin lube will also increase response if you put a few drops in instead of a very, very little bit and will still serve as a use for you when you are focusing more on unresponsive play.

You wouldn’t want to “wash” it off. That will probably not do well for your bearing. You can clean it, however. I recommend checking out this thread on how to clean your bearing:

Or you can unrecess your silicone