DIY Velcro finger protector

I was looking at the patent for the Rev-G yoyo and I really liked the idea for the finger protector. I took a velcro “zip tie” off of some cables I ordered and noted it seemed like it might work for this purpose. Advice on other means of finger protection (other than yoyo tape) would be appreciated as well.
Rev-G patent

1 Like

I would be nervous to use that personally because like what if it comes undone? Gloves work super well at protecting the hands and fingers but also take a second to get used too. I’ve used super glue to close up cuts on my fingers after my calluses split but I guess you could do that preemptively for protection. There’s also a bunch of different kinds of tapes to use besides Yoyo tape or just a bandaid or two. Kinda depends on what you want the protection for like is it that the slipknot is too tight and cutting off circulation or do you want callus protection or to be able to play super fast and avoid string burn

what glove would you recommend? I thought the gloves were more for friction than for keeping the finger from losing circulation.

1 Like

The main reason I made this was the circulation issue. Larger velcro band evens out pull of the string plus no slipknot.

1 Like

Yeah they are and to keep strings clean I wasn’t sure what you wanted it for exactly. If losing circulation is the problem there are ways you can tie it that will help with that. I think I remember @Shwa saying he’s got a method that works for him

1 Like

Check out this thread

3 Likes

THAT’S GENIUS! I must try it.

2 Likes