DIY Case without foam (incl. how to)

I finally created a prototype yoyo case for edc that does not use foam.

I used a 3D printer to create a prone system with stretchies to suspend the yoyo in place. This way the yoyo can’t bounce all over the place and you can, with a bit of practice, easily take one and put one back

After I created a strong enough base with PLA (base) and ASA (Prones), I started the fabric cutting and glued everything in place

Then I just slid the base in the case and put the stretchies on it, filled the case with strings and bearings and ofcourse a nice yoyo multi tool.

You can find the case I used here:

(You’ll need to cut out the bottom hard foam carefuly, don’t damage the outside layers)

You can find the STL files here:

(there is a fabric cutting template with the STL files to use with fabric of choice and an excacto knife or what I used, a big and really small chissel to puncture through)

You can donate here if you appreciate me <3 : (I need more tools!!! TO MAKE MOREEEE!!!) … and yoyo’s

15 Likes

Very clever, looks way cooler than cut foam in my opinion! Could be customized with colored stretchies or scaled to any size case, and your design inherently prevents the yoyos from falling out of position so you could have a briefcase setup with throws secured in the lid section as well as the base.

Let us know how it stands the test of time and handling and any updates that you make to it!

Ivan

1 Like

Yeh, its possible to use the lid too to optimize space, but I would use a sepperator to protect top from bottom then

Dang dude, this is pretty sweet

2 Likes

Everything is there if you know someone with a 3d printer, if you need any help let me know

@MarkD looking for a case designer? :sweat_smile:

This is cool. The only other case that Ive seen that isnt foam is this one a friend custom made for me from an old makeup case.

10 Likes

Cool print! Well done.

Wow love it. Is your friend commissioning to make another? :joy:

1 Like

Wow that is so clever

Does anyone know if it would be possible to take a normal bag, but modify it so it can be a yoyo case? I man something more like a backpack or messenger bag, but it doesn’t just hold yoyos. Like it could hold a laptop, or a note book. Something sort of like this:
yoyofactory-bag-inside-300x300

yoyofactory-bag-8-yoyos-300x300

1 Like

so yoyo’s and laptops?
Best thing i can think of is making an insert you can pull out with your throws in

Maybe just cut out a piece of foam with the outline of the bag, stick the foam in place and place the laptop on top. But the easiest way probably is just getting a yoyo case or pouch and put in the bag lol.

4 Likes

yeh and foam in a soft case isnt a good idea, you’ll have to use a back plate that will ruin your backpack’s back feeling

@Niki did you just draw that just now? haha

Hahahahaha it helps with the explanation. It’s true, but it’s the same as some laptop bags, they’re just not comfortable.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I was just wondering if it existed or could exist.

2 Likes

What’s the Saturday Market one? :eyes:

Rebirth

1 Like

What? haha