Diseases, Syndromes, Behaviors

I’m not a Doctor or a Doc but It seems there are some real or imaginary conditions in the yo-yo world. Maybe others can be helped if we identify these conditions and get the victims to the first steps of recovery - admission…

List Disease, Syndrome, or Behavior and provide a definition…Let’s identify em’. If we can save just one Yo-Yoer!

Daytrippin’ - Belief that if you check BST constantly you will find a desired model that has been sold out forever and no one wants to part with. Of course you are only interested in one particular color way and at a give away price.

Full - Empty Syndrome - Constantly finding your pocket full of Yo-Yos but your wallet is always empty.

20 Likes

Unique personality disorder- thinking your speed combo looks different than any other speed combo

15 Likes

DNAsyndrome- Only doing the DNA all the time, no other tricks

10 Likes

maybe its called DNA obsesisive compulsory disorder
DNA OCD

5 Likes

Triggered Syndrome - When someone on the forum says something another doesn’t agree with and takes it as a personal attack, sending the original topic completely off the rails with a lengthy back and forth until the mods have to lock it down because the original topic has now been completely lost.

15 Likes

Off-balance Syndrome: all of your counterweights are either too heavy or too light for your yoyos.

7 Likes

Bermuda Triangle Syndrome:

Every time you try to make your own trick, you somehow end up in a green triangle. Leaving you feeling more lost than before.

20 Likes

Dude that was one time, why are you calling me out in this thread now?

1 Like

A.L.S >

Figuring out a yo-yo trick that is fairly complicated.

Then, making a video just blurry enough that nobody can do the trick but you…

Then, convincing people that the trick isn’t actually ‘blurry’. It just seems that way because you are moving sooooooo Fast.

A.L.S. . Artificial Legendary Status…

10 Likes

Doc found my diagnosis

7 Likes

There is a less severe version of Triggered Syndrome which is related to Diaper Rash. The good news is there is an ointment. The bad news is if it occurs enough the patient can have permanent Ego damage.

4 Likes

Repetitive Throwing Disorder (RTD)- repeating the same tricks over and over again without getting better at them while also refraining from learning new tricks usually because they are difficult and outside your comfort zone

18 Likes

Trickdaphobia - Fear of throwing in public since you can only do a “sleeper” and “walk the dog”

7 Likes

I feel personally attacked.

7 Likes

Holy-cow! What about throwers arm/elbow? My arm got so sore from throwing so much!!!I had to lay-off throwing for 3 weeks…… Not to mention my beat-up hands……&forearms? I get bruises, marks, or bloody places on my arms…

5 Likes

Bruises?!.. Do we need to get Social Services over to interview your parents?

6 Likes

Can you share that #?

2 Likes

Tourettes syndrome

Afraid of hitting someone with a forward toss

2 Likes

Kool-aidiosis - Otherwise known as “the shutters” when after purchasing a yo-yo, you continue to search for positive online reviews as an attempt to validate your ill-advised purchase and selling the yoyo only infects someone else.

11 Likes

This one is definitely real.

3 Likes