Discovery: Astrojax

So I was going down a YouTube rabbit hole and I found something that is new to me. I see some older posts about this on the forum board, anyone actively use them?

6 Likes

LED lights would look great. Probably make them more entertaining as well. The brighter the better.

1 Like

I found a performance at 44clash a couple of years ago that looks to maybe have LED’s in it.

2 Likes

Cizrek (Leum) is one of the Best AJ players out there period.

Him and Cloudygirl and a few others used to tour with the company and go to yoyo contests as well and perfom AJ. :slight_smile:

I have used them for years as well, but prefer yoyo and diabolo for flow toys.

Leum is simply excellent at like ALL flow toys…

3 Likes

A bit like drumming no?
Vertical Orbits are the “gravity pull” of astrojax as I found out.

Looks like fun, more in common with 5A, but I think if someone already yo-yos at all in any style, they have a good start.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like what you would get if a drum majorette discovered 5A yoyoing and combined the two…

2 Likes

that’s cool

2 Likes

So that would be a yoyo with two 5A counterweights with one being able to freely move along the string. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think Cloudygirl might have posted on TheYo back in the day.

3 Likes

Claudia is cool as heck!
She is also a Chiptunes artist known for using the Korg DS-10 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thing is, Astrojax were invented in 1986 :slight_smile:

I have a super old set of the first ever released Glow AstroJax.
They were semi hard rubber balls rather than the plastic shells that they are today!

2 Likes

I just looked it up it was definitely her.

3 Likes

Very cool info!

I also found this cool video of Astrojax in space.

3 Likes

I do have a set of astrojax lying around though. Plastic shells with a ring of semi hard rubber in the middle of each plastic shell. Fun to toss around every now and then.

2 Likes

Yeah I ordered some new in box on eBay yesterday. I looked them up and the company is still around. It looks like last year they tried/are still trying to relaunch the product with a boutique type vibe.

2 Likes

There was definitely a model with LED’s. If I remember correctly, I think they are called Saturns?

There was a lot of variants in stores when I was a kid. Probably even more variants now actually, but you’re not going to see them in a store. lol.

I always thought Aquas were the coolest - they were a hollow squishy ball variant halfway full of water. Made them feel very smooth and unique.

2 Likes

Saturn’s! For sure. I had some of those I used to take to raves/clubs in the 00’s. My friends and I got into them through poi and juggling props.

Good times.

1 Like