Disaster Yo-yos

I was just rereading the Revolution Rev-G thread and was wondering: are there any other disaster yo-yos out there, both before and after the Rev-G? The yo-yo wiki compares the Aerobie Aerospin to the Rev-G, in that constructive advice about the yo-yo was ignored before it went into production, and it showed. The SKF (first ball bearing yo-yo) was a demo and so even if it played like crap, it probably doesn’t count as a disaster. When I say “disaster” I don’t mean a yo-yo that is simply mediocre, I mean one that almost everyone would agree was a travesty when it was first introduced, either in design or playability. Also, apart from Shinobu, has anyone made a production carbon fiber yo-yo (man, I’m really out of it)?

2 Likes

What a strange way to re-ignite a “What’s the worst yoyo ever” thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Mods about to be using some of this:

3 Likes

i don’t see any yoyo as objectively bad. If its made to be bad on purpose like the dumpster fire or Christmas tree rcs then its good at what it was made for. if its like the Rev-G sure its not a good playable yoyo but it looks super cool and that makes it a neat shelf piece. the silly gimmick yoyos like the ribbon yoyo or frisbee yoyo are solid at the design they intended they just aren’t traditional yoyos.

only yoyos that truly suck are those party store plastic hunks of junk and maybe those tin can temu specials with the plastic spacers and those are still doing the objectively terrible thing of being the cheapest possible instance of a yoyo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I should have checked some of the other threads, lots of disasters out there. I was unaware of the Rain City offerings, pretty funny. I’m still wondering about carbon fiber yo-yos; have I missed out on them too?

1 Like

Throw Down Lucha Libre

“Unfortunately, this axle system caused severe breakage problems, and at least 90% of the yo-yos in the first and only production run broke down over the span of a few weeks.”

1_11783c135d0dd419fe129f4ad0af9f64

1 Like