Dink For 3A?

Question to all the yoyo designers, metallurgists and 3A fans out there… how do you think Jake Bullocks Dink YoYo would fair inside of 3A play? How would the stainless steel fair as they bang together? Too brittle?

I know there are plenty of more obvious choices for 3A but I just cant get over how nice this thing feels in play. To have 2 of them flying around in synchronicity, I think I might well… I don’t know.

Disclaimer… I’ve never tried 3A and I think it could be a fairly loud endeavor. Dinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk!

HAHA>

4 Likes

probably sucks tbh like very light and very small. You could do it of course, but that seems like you would be making it much harder on yourself to learn the basics. You’d prolly just get frustrated and not play the style much would be my guess. also yeah probably very loud.

3 Likes

I would say not the best but if you want to give 3A a shot it will do well enough to see some basic things. Also keep in mind you don’t need matching pairs to do 3A.

3 Likes

Oooooh…. Something about my ocd says they need to be the same. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would imagine if you practiced with a set of Dink’s, once you switched to full sized throws you’d be able to hit tricks easier. I know a few top level Pro’s practice routines with smaller YoYos.

3 Likes

As a dink lover and 3a lover. As cool as it would be, you’d be handicapping yourself alot using dinks. The stability just isn’t there for 3a. You 100% could, but it’s far from the best choice for learning 3a.

Oh, and i used assassin’s for 3a for a bit, while really fun, it was hard. And the ding sound is VERY loud.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I hear ya, I’ll probably start with something a little more forgiving to learn.

Dink feels so good on the string though!! I’d like to see Hajime rip some dink 3A.

2 Likes

Yeah there is definitely a time and a place for the dink in 3a but yeah, it’s just really far away from what I would recommend someone just starting. it is a really hard style at first and anything to help ease the early frustrations would be good. You could still play offhand 1a with it just going through some of the basic mounts and that will help your 3a.

I think you want to try to look for something durable, that you don’t mind scuffing up, with a lot of power and stability, so they can sit there spinning while you undo a twisted chaos mount before they die and things get worse. It is a super fun style and looks so cooooool! Good luck!

3 Likes