Difficulties with Avalanche

Okay. So I got a brand-new CLYW Avalanche yoyo for christmas.
I was upset with it, as it was vibey out of the box, and was not staying unresponsive, but I liked the shape of it.
I have replaced the bearing and response pads, but it is still very responsive!
Also, the axle won’t come out. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if that’s a normal thing…
Please help me!
(If a moderator sees this, I 'm not sure which discussion section this belongs in.)

let me hit all the questions

vibe: if it was a fools gold then that may explain it,also if the axle is stuck that is probably the leading cause of vibe, if not go to customer service

responsiveness: clean bearing and new pads also the vibe may make the string hit the response try a string centering bearing

axle: try the drill method or consult this thread http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,17792.0.html

If it was bad out of the box, return it. If you got it here Andre will most likely replace it for free.

Christmas? It’s about to be valentines day!

Please contact yoyoexpert contact@yoyoexpert.com our warranty is 3 weeks from the day you received it, but YoYoExpert has some great advice on bearings and response. Sorry you are frustrated, it is a bit of a learning curve with bearing maintenance and response. I went through it and pretty much everyone on here has too.

That’s weird.

CLYW yo-yo’s usually have a removable axle.

Ya just try to contact YYE and on a side not I can’t wait to order my first CLYW this week ;D

what are you getting ac,chief,puffin!?!?

I finally fixed it after some serious replacing of bearings and response pads and lube.
Took a lot of work.

Good job man, glad you over came it after all the struggle.

I got a Cliff. It’s great my favorite throw along with my Majesty