Deleting Account

Same haha. One thing Id want changed is using my actual name as my username on the forum.

Feels weird to change it after so many years.

I was new to the internet it seems when I created my account haha.

1 Like

I guarantee you that whatever you find embarrassing, no one thinks twice about - we’re all our own worst critic. And if someone liked it, that’s just further proof they agreed with whatever you said back then or found it helpful. All the more reason to leave it up IMO.

Just be thankful this isn’t an account you made when you were LITERALLY 12 years old and the thousands of posts you made at that age are still veryyy accessible even 17 years later. Cause I’m living that dream with this very account baby :skull::skull::skull:

I know everyone’s different, but I’ve learned not to care about it - it’s a fascinating time capsule of sorts and can give you insight to where you were at, at a given time. I know for you specifically that you have several posts about wood turning and are kind of one of the only experts in this community on that topic - if people can’t search for your name or through your posts to find it, that’s a bit sad. You do you though!

Just my two cents.

9 Likes

And here I was thinking that you were fed up with PM’s about commissions for more yoyos. Glad that’s not the case

2 Likes

All my stuff I’ve posted will be there, it will just be made anonymous.

4 Likes

Now we can all just speculate if that anonymous post was you!

Do you think that post was Glen? Would Glen really say such a thing!?! Nah, that couldn’t have been Glen.

2 Likes

I do enjoy a good mystery

1 Like

Well, I’m happy that all the wild speculation was overblown! We all say things online that, looking back, we wish we hadn’t, but it’s just part of the journey, as far as I’m concerned. But it’s up to you, to do what works for you!

Take care!

I stand by everything I have ever posted. :wink: /s

8 Likes

I read it ten minutes ago and I keep thinking about it… honestly, I can’t think of a single word I said that I wish I hadn’t.

1 Like

You have some of the best, dude.

1 Like

I’ve spouted plenty of nonsense/bullsh!t around here, but I’m not backing down on a single thing I’ve said. It is what it is :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

5 Likes

Dang Spence didn’t realize you been yoyoing since 2009. I wish I didn’t quit yoyoing during the big fad in the late 90s.

1 Like

Nothing is actually wrong. I just keep getting likes on some old posts I find embarrassing. Lol. I’ve just said a lot of what I think is really dumb stuff over the years and would like it gone or simply anonymous. Haha.

Lmao. Same here brother. Same here. I mean I used to wild out making ooch memes about putting a plastic Yeti’s in a blend-tec. It doesn’t get much more embarrassing.

Good times.

2 Likes

I think we should all make ourselves anonymous and then act like fools and see if anyone can figure out who anybody is. WEEEEEE!!! :smiley:

7 Likes

Isn’t that what X (formally known as Twitter) is?

5 Likes

Throw-Chan behavior.

5 Likes

In a way that’s what’s already going on in here :joy:

2 Likes

My “anonymous” nickname will be PYRO_ENJOYER or CLYWMenial123, or even OnedropDrinker

Well… I don’t think I’d be all that anonymous :distorted_face:

2 Likes

I was just gonna say the Pyro name will remove all mystery from that one lmao

1 Like

I will be… Blorp172

1 Like