Deciding between the C3yoyodesign Astrea and Omnitron

Trying to decide between the two, my favorite throws right now are the 2sick grandmaster, sf statement and bi metal superstar. recommendations?

I haven’t tried the Omnitron, but I have a pair of Astreas. At first I was concerned that the narrow catch zone of the Astrea would make stability an issue for me, but to my surprise–and delight–the Astrea turned out to be fantastically stable even with my sloppy plane management. The Astrea became a favorite throw of mine as a result.

1 Like

Sorry if this isn’t useful, but these videos that accompanied the release of the Atsraea, really stuck in my mind!

2 Likes

how does the astrea play? does it feel lighter than the 65 grams or is that about how it feels? Still gonna wait till I hear from someone who has used the Omnitron.

To me it feels like a solid 65g yoyo, but it moves quickly when you tell it to.

1 Like

alright, thanks. This was helpful

I’ve borrowed an Astraea for a week and owned an Omnitron. The Omnitron plays very light, agile and can be slightly numb. It has a larger diameter and narrower width than most competition designs (kind of like the Anubis).

The Astraea was very strange to me. It plays heavier and more solid than one might expect. I normally love bimetals with shapes like it, but I didn’t get along very well with it. Once it gets off plane, it seems to lose some stability. But, it’s probably just me. C3 designs are some of my favorites. This was one of the few exceptions.

I think a faster player would enjoy the Omnitron more and a slower, flowy player might enjoy the Astraea more.

2 Likes

interesting, I think I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on the astrea. This was super helpful.

1 Like