DEADLY SpINS Official Thread: New Video and Pride Restock Update!!

I had a few minutes with it too. Here are my observations/opinions:
-I started it slow, but it easily handles my faster tricks
-I experienced no issues with spin times or tilting
-It felt floaty, but I still knew it was on the string

The greed is a beast of its own. Nothing that deadly spins has out out yet. Imagine a YYR but made by an American company. Itā€™s light, fast, stable, and overall amazing. I love the shape and all of it. You guys are in for a treat this year with some cool things coming from DS.

This thing sounds sick. Awesome!.. it may throw like my Z-ON but made in the US. I am sure it will be of the best quality like all of DSā€™s throws no matter how it ends up throwing.

Thanks for the info guys!

If DS can get the greed out by early summer theyā€™ll be on a roll b/c obviously the Wrath and Pride are big hits and I have a feeling the Greed with be the community favorite.

The shape of the greed feels just as sexy as it looks.

I regret the fact that I didnā€™t know how to do horizontal well enough back then, I would really loved to try doing horizontal on the Greed.

I hope they release solid black like the protos, it looks so good! Plus I am trying to keep the solid theme with my gold Wrath and my silver Pride.

I kinda hope they leave the black to the protoā€™s. Theyā€™ve used it on all three as far as I know and I think it would just be right if they kept like that. The black is beautiful though isnā€™t it?

I guess youā€™re right. Hopefully they release some other cool solids, maybe purple, navy blue, or dark green?

oh yeah that green would be magnificent.

The play of the Greed is a little difficult for me to describe since I have honestly felt nothing like it before. This isnā€™t some sort of hype thing either. When I let people try it I ask them if they can compare it to any other throws on the market at the moment, or if thereā€™s anything they think it plays similarly to. Almost everyone found themselves with a lack of an example. Which I think is amazing. Dan hit the design out of the park.

The Greed is very light for its size. With the little weight it has packed almost entirely into the rims it feels mostly floaty, but solid enough for you to know its there. For me it seems to play at a slower, more chill pace naturally. Iā€™m sure someone with the ability could push it to go fast but I have no desire to. The huge width and large flared out rims make it feel very large in the hand. This yoyo will literally spin forever. My boy Andrew and I ran one throw tests and the Greed was keeping up with his Irony JP. For those of you who own a JP, you know how insanely stable and long spinning it is. Iā€™m talking 2+ minute throws with a bind that will still snap back to your hand.

Keep in mind I am using a prototype. The production run will have a few tweaks. Dan is looking to improve the design even further, somehow, and doesnā€™t want to release a yoyo until he feels the design meets the image he has for it. He is a perfectionist. And while it can cause delays with prototyping, testing, etc. I think it is to the benefit of all of us. I wouldnā€™t start getting yourselves pumped up for the Greed just yet, though. There will be at least one more proto run. And depending on if it meets Danā€™s very strict criteria or not. Maybe a production run.

Just sit tight. We are worth the wait.

What Alex said hahaha I barley remember how it played in all honesty. I remember it was very comfortable to play and hold. This is the most accurate description and I would listen to this 20mmrain.p

Tell you one thing: Iā€™m not waiting for this one, thatā€™s for sure. Not saying I wonā€™t buy it, just saying I wonā€™t be counting on any release dates. If Iā€™m lucky, I can ignore most discussion about it until itā€™s actually available. :wink:

I would be very surprised if you can ignore all the discussion about it hahaha

1 Like

It doesnā€™t bother me waiting. You know being a Project manager in the IT field if there is one thing I can appreciateā€¦ it is waiting to launch something until it is perfect! Its worth the effort and wait in the long run (For both sides Manufacturer and Buyer). :wink:

Itā€™s not ā€œwaitingā€ in general that was the pain with the Pride. :wink:

Maybe I didnā€™t see your original postā€¦ What Pain?

I understand where Greg is coming from. We were constantly pushing back release date. Until the Pride eventually released almost 6 months after we initially planned. I am really sorry about that Greg and canā€™t blame you for not wanting to wait.

We had a lot of problems with our anodizer. And what was supposed to be a two week job took almost two months. Then Dan had to do extensive testing as well as trying to scrub off that weird residue they had coming back from ano. Then we had to find a retailer willing to buy a product that had been pushed back almost 6 months. Luckily, Andre stepped up and it seems to have paid off. He only has 7 left last time I counted.

I am not trying to make excuses. Like I said, I canā€™t blame Greg at all. He was very very patient and I wouldnā€™t ask or expect that from him a second time.

Heheh, just to make sure Iā€™m perfectly clear: I enjoy my Pride (I did buy one on release day!) immensely, and Iā€™m still a prospective buyer for the Greed. I just want to block my ears and go ā€œla la laā€ if a release date is ever announced. :wink: :wink:

Wrath and Prideā€¦ two fantastic yoyos. Iā€™m sure the Greed will be good, too.

Iā€™ll definitely look I to getting a Greed once those are available. Dat Angular shape 8)