Dark Magic throw power

It shouldn’t be loose when you are winding it up if you wrap around your finger in the beginning. Maybe you’re doing it wrong…?

Edit: Okay, after rereading what you said, I think I’ve found your problem. When wrapping around your finger, you need to wrap around your finger once and then wrap under your finger, normally, a few times. After that, you can take out your finger and continue winding up your yo-yo.

Ahh, I see what you mean! I don’t know if it was a typo or what, but if this is what you’re doing, that’s definitely your problem. I actually wind my yo almost all the way before taking my finger out, just to be safe. There’s really no reason to take it out early.

Yeah, Kim-Lan is totally right.

There is no right/wrong way to do it - as long as you can wind it up, no worries. :wink:

Yeah, I go under my finger. It still doesn’t work though, like I said, it’s just loose and the first few inches of string just kind of fall off because they don’t have a firm grip on the bearing.

Here, maybe a video will help. It still sounds like you’re doing it wrong, because it can’t be loose if you use your finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icA8u06mLHs

Hm, well, I believe I’m doing it right. Could there be any problem causing it?

None that I can think of.

What exactly makes a yoyo unresponsive?

Mainly the response, or the wide gap. Sometimes the bearing, too.

Usually an un-responsive Yo-Yo has a silicone pad, or a flow groove.

It can also have a wide gap, also.

Responses like hybrid, double o-ring, or starburst aren’t responsive, unless they have a really wide gap where the string doesn’t touch it.

It can also be the bearing. A KonKave bearing is usually un-responsive. Some responsive Yo-Yos with a tight gap, and a bearing like a KonKave can be un-responsive, because of the bearing.

By the way, even if a yo-yo is unresponsive, it will also be able to wind up fine.

Yep! Right on that! :slight_smile:

Darn it, I’m very frustrated with the yoyo. I bought it, waited a few days, got it, then had to buy Thick Lube because I wanted it responsive (The problem was still there and I thought Thick Lube would fix it), waited a week, got it, then I find out the yoyo is still acting strange with terrible sleep time. I guess the only thing to do is send it back for repairs?

You could wait a bit longer, see what happens.

Other than that - try it. :wink:

Alright. A day ago they said through email that if I wanted to return it and have them look at it and send it back, I would need the package slip. I believe I threw it away already though, do you guys think that that would prevent me from sending it in now? I mean, I don’t see what a packaging sleep would have to be present because this was bought online, so they should have the data on this and proof of purchase.

I don’t know. Try and contact Andre with your information, so he’d know you’re sending it to wherever.

I forgot where you’re sending it to. YoYoJam factory?

I don’t know, let me PM you them.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll PM you in a sec.

Yeah. It’s right.