Dark Magic or Atamosphere

Hello, I’m in the market for a new yo-yo and rite now I’m stuck between the Dark Magic (Sparkly Orange) and the Atmosphere. Now I really want the Atmosphere, But no one has it in in white. But the Dark magic is also a great yo-yo, and yoyoexpert has it in in special edition Sparkly Orange with Mirror caps… Now the main reason I’m leaning more towards the Atmosphere is because I mostly have a interest in 5a play, And from what I’ve read the Atmosphere is designed for 5a… But the Sparkly Orange Dark Magic with Mirror caps is so beautiful!.. So please, if you could recommend either one to me that would be great.

p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong board, I didn’t see one that said “recommendations” or any thing like that.

-Brett

Its alright.
First tell us your preference:
1.size
2.shape
3.weight
4. Style (5a obiously)

and anything else, then we could answer!

good point.

1. I like slightly bigger yo-yo’s

2. Wing shape is my preferred rite now (Still pretty new to the game)

3. I lake a heavier yo-yo (again, may or may not change in the future, but I’m concentrated on the present rite now)

and 4. yup… 5a.

and rite now pretty much any yo-yo would be a massive upgrade for me (I’m stuck throwing a Duncan Free Hand Rite now… not a Free Hand Zero, A Free Hand)

The Atmostphere is small, so the Dark Magic would be better for you. However, if you want to get more into modern play, I suggest the New Breed - it sounds perfect for you.

1 Like

well i love the Dark Magic but not so much the Atmosphere
but you can do 5a with the DM to and the DM has more of a wing shape

Thanks for the help guys, I’m actually thinking about going with both now. (Got some extra money for Christmas this year) and I’ll check out the new breed.

Hey guys, thanks for all of your input.
I ended up going with the YYJ New Breed in orange(I really wanted white but I’m going to get the atmosphere in white whenever yoyoexpert gets another shipment of them in), so thank you Samad for bringing that yo-yo to my attention.

I’d like to thank you all again for your help, there is no way I could have made this decision easily without your input.

-Brett