Dark Magic II or dv888?

You can put a THINNER bearing on any yoyo and make it more responsive…they are called half spec bearings. Most YYJ’s come with them now along with a standard bearing.

And Moise. You can’t possible see any similarities between the DV888 and the Protostar…Severe or Rockstar sure…but not DV888.

OP. Get whichever looks more appealing to you. Don’t worry about whether or not they will play well…they will.

Don’t get a Counter Attack…it’s not an underrated yoyo…it’s a POS yoyo.

Whats pos stand for? Can someone who has the dv888 and dm2 time both there sleep times?

POS means piece of sh*t. And don’t worry about the sleep times. They’ll both sleep for as long as you could need.

They’re both really good. Just pick one and go, because I can garuntee you’re going to like both.

:wink:

it is so hard to choose… :’(

I know exactly how you feel…a few years ago I was in the same boat…as most were.

I had the exact same yoyo’s in mind and ended up going with the DV888…

Sleep time is not something you need to consider much anymore…most modern throws are exceptional sleepers…I have made my DV888 sleep much longer though if it really matters to you.

Yes. I have owned both.

I think i shall get an aqua colored dv888 ;D

I know what you mean about choices and the confusion. I’ve managed to muddle my way through it. With so many models and people’s preferences, it is just confusion and an overload of information, but I don’t see any way that can change unless choice really narrows down

As far as sleep times not mattering, I don’t completely agree. I mean, new people should be tracking sleep times now and then mostly to measure quality and strength of their throw. However, the rest I am in complete agreement over the rest of what you said and how you meant it. It’s true, pretty much any modern yoyo thrown properly should have more than enough spin on it to get you through just about anything. Sitting with a yoyo spinning on the end of a string isn’t really a practical application for anything other than measuring sleep time.

Good choice. I got mine last week. The color looks fantastic outside. The web site photos do NOT do this model justice. Go find a nice grassy area and throw!

Then again my DM2 looks fanstaic outside as well, with the sunlight bouncing off the caps and the rims.

Whats the difference?

I stated later in that post that there is no difference. It’s just a preference. My preference. I should of left that part out. For many reasons…I’m not a fan of the recent outsourcing.

Anyway…Studio…

What I meant was that you would be hard pressed to find a yoyo that doesn’t sleep a sufficient amount of time…even for beginners.

I once actually clocked my DV888 and ended up with 13 minutes and some change…stock. Ridiculous…who needs that much spin time? My DMII on the other hand might get…half that. I haven’t tried. I don’t really care…there will come a point where you understand what I’m saying. Even 4 minutes is ridiculous.

Look at Jensen Kimmitt’s Worlds performance…he didn’t even touch the yoyo…regenerations helped that though.

Also…keep in mind that that does not mean I can get 13 minutes of constant tricks on that DV888…one reason being the constant layering of string in the gap which rubs on the response…

Man…I really want to find a hardcoat or all Black DV888 with the YYF logo in the cup now…

This is probably THE most common this or that question on this board, and for the price range, I reccomend the protostar: nice wide shape, durable plastic, metal weight rings, center track bearing, $35…

Well, the OP is asking between two different models and the Protostar wasn’t in the equation.

Even so, I do agree about the Protostar and could also recommend the Northstar for the same money if people want a heavier throw with otherwise the same profile.