Dark Magic 2 vs. Dingo?

I going to get a new yo-yo for Christmas and it is between these two. Either of them will be my first yo-yo with metal of any kind on it. And I was wondering some pros and cons of each and which one you would suggest. Im sorta stuck because I have never had any yo-yo other than a Yo-Yo Jam and want to try other companies, but I am also worried that since the dingo is undersized it will feel weird whenever I try to play another yo-yo. I plan on getting another yo-yo later on after I get better it wil probably be a Yuuksta. Anyway what do you think?

I’ve never heard of “Dingo”. I have a DMII and it is awesome! It is perfect for beginner and advanced play because it has two different bearings. I can’t really think of any cons. Except finger grinds aren’t that good because of the plastic in the middle.

Well the dingo is undersized and an all-metal, while a dark magic is full-sized and hybrid.

So, my opinion is: if you’re starting and/or you feel like that you have a lot to learn it’s better that you go with the dark magic, that way you won’t get frustrated so early when you miss the string. If you get the dingo that’s going to happen a lot more times :slight_smile:

Hope I helped. I don’t have a dark magic II or a dingo but I do have a Dark Magic 1 and a Y-Factor so I guess you can notice the difference when you go from a full-sized yoyo to a undersized. Yes, I know that the Y-factor is bigger then the dingo but still… it’'s undersized.

-Joel

They would both be great. The dingo is better for grinds compared to the DMII, but the DM has a large gap and it would be easier to land on the string compared to the dingo.If you dont know how to bind i would get a DMII, but if you think your ready and have binds down i would just get a yuuksta instead.

I am in the advanced part 2 on this site, so I know how to bind. Im just not ready for a Yuuksta yet in my opinion. I appreciate all of the suggestions though. Does the fact that I am in advanced part 2 change any of your thought? Just wondering.

I agree completely. It is also AWESOME at grinds and sleeptimes. The only “con” I can think of is you have to silicone it every once in a while. :wink:

There is a link in my signature… you can get one there.