Cyber Crash vs Cyber Crash 2 (or alternate budget metal unresponsive)

I’m looking for my sort of first metal unresponsive. I say sort of because I just received a Snack today, but that’s more for something fun and different than an every day yoyo.

I have a few plastics, and my favorite by far is the Speedaholic XX. Some searching for budget metals led me to looking at the Cyber Crash, Shortcut, and one or two others. Given my love of the Speedaholic by C3, and some positive things said about the Cyber Crash, I decided that might be the best one to go with. Then I noticed there are 2 revisions, but I couldn’t seem to find any comparisons or much about the Cyber Crash 2 in general. I’m not sure if some of what I read was actually about the 2 but just didn’t mention that it was the new revision.

In any case, I’m hoping somebody could guide me on which revision generally plays better. Or if you think there’s a better yoyo in the same category, I’m open to that recommendation as well.

My skill level is intermediate at best. I picked up the hobby 2 years back, but only stuck with it for maybe a couple of months. At the time I learned a bunch of the beginner responsive tricks before falling out of it. Then I got back into it a couple of months ago, and shortly after decided to swap my old Sage and First Base to unresponsive. Once I got more comfortable, I decided I wanted to try a new yoyo just for fun. I couldn’t decide between the Plastic Fulvia and Speedaholic XX, so I bought both. The Speedaholic quickly became my favorite, and that’s what I mostly use now.

3 Likes

I think the Cyber Crash 2 is slightly better, plays a bit tighter. Some other yoyos I’d recommend are:

The null is great if you like yoyos that play a bit lighter, it won’t have as much heft as any of the plastic throws you have. It’s also 7068, which is a bit more durable.

If you like a bit heavier yoyos, the colossus VI max is a bit bigger and wider.

Out of the three I think the finish on the Cyber Crash 2 is the best, but I think the Null is the most fun. You can’t really go wrong with any of them.

1 Like

I have the cyber crash and I would have to say that it is a great choice for anyone wanting to level up their skills, or start with an unresponsive yoyo, it has a nice shape and is super comfortable in the hand.

1 Like

Thanks, this is helpful. The Null looks like another really good option. I’m keeping that in mind as I try to decide. I had looked at the Colossus before posting, but not at the Max. Both look interesting. I think the only reason I went towards the Cyber Crash(es) was because of my love for the Speedaholic alongside some positive comments. I just needed something to help eliminate other choices because so many of them look good.

At my experience level, I’m not really able to tell if I will like something based on the specs. So far I’ve gone for the highly popular ones, and bought more than I need because I don’t know what is going to end up feeling good to me. But that strategy can get expensive, especially now that I would like to try metal.

Thanks for the feedback! Is yours the original or the 2?

Just the original

Finally got some time to think about this again and make a decision…Just ordered a Null. Thanks @fradiger for the suggestion. I hadn’t heard of it prior, and there’s a surprising lack of commentary on it out there, but it looks like great bang for the buck. Can’t wait to try it.

3 Likes

Looks like I’m going to have to pick this up in June as well, assuming the price is reasonable:

2 Likes

Hopefully you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! I just think its a unique offering in the price range and is pretty fun to boot.

1 Like

I’m very excited to give it a try. No tracking number yet, but I’m hoping to receive it this week.

Is yours blue or gray? Looks blue but hard to tell if the lighting is impacting it. Looks nice. I ordered gray because it seems the most fitting for the name null.

Mine’s blue, it’s a pretty light blue, pale almost. In my experience colors on 7068 throws tend to be a bit more dull.

I ended up being really short on free time the week I got the Null. I meant to come back here after I finally got to spend some time with it but it took me a while.

I’m happy with the decision to go with the Null. It’s a lot of fun. I can’t really put my finger on exactly what makes it fun. It spins for a long time, is comfortable in my hand, and feels smooth to me. But I don’t think that really summarizes the fun part.

It’s kind of strange because typically I’ve liked what I seem to be best with, but that’s not really true with the Null. It’s just fun to play with.

I also just ordered the Speedaholic FX, so I am excited for that. It was really hard to pull the trigger on that order because 60 bucks is twice the max I’ve spent on any so far, and it’s not like I need anything more than what I have to progress my pretty weak skills at this point. Not to mention I don’t love any of the color ways. And I haven’t even seen any feedback or reviews yet. But given my love of the XX, I felt like it was worth taking a chance on, and I guess there’s some FoMO in there too. I wasn’t sure if at least some colors would sell out quickly given the popularity of the previous versions.

Thanks @fradiger for the Null recommendation!

2 Likes

Great way to summarize how I feel about it too, it’s one I keep coming back to because it’s just got a good feel to it