Cubing Corner

Got a 6x6 over at another store and timed 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5, and 6x6x6 and got 27:11 :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait what? That store sells cubes? On another note, is anyone going to nationals, either competing or not?

yeah, on another side note didnā€™t realize you couldnā€™t even say another storeā€™s name.

I knew you couldnā€™t when talking yoyos, but as YYE doesnā€™t sell cubes, I didnā€™t think it would be a big deal.

the rules I guess did say something like ā€œyou never know what we might start selling.ā€ Anyway, anybody gotta six by six?

Nope but Iā€™m getting a 4x4-6x6 soon.

cool. Btw, I finally (I hope/think) am going to learn those 57 algorithms. Any suggestions on which I should learn first?

Iā€™m not done oll, not even close, but what Iā€™ve been doing is just learning the easy looking ones first and doing the harder ones after.

yeah, that was what i was thinking, but i wasnā€™t sure what the easiest were

my best on 3x3 is 18sec.thats a big luck! average is 30.
I use oll and pll but f2l is too much to learn.

Iā€™d say just do it intuitively, thatā€™s what I do and I average around 19-20.
Stuartww, just learn the ones with the sexy move in it like f RURā€™Uā€™fā€™ and things like that and also the t ones.

Lol what

I do. All of them currently on the market are complete crap. In other news, 4.63 3x3 single, 9.40 ao100.

Also, donā€™t make fun of Riley, heā€™s a legitimately fast solver, about the same speed as me. The misscramble was definitely not a move for attention, and truly a one in a lifetime thing. The odds of that solve were ridiculous.

1 Like

Oh donā€™t get me wrong, I wasnā€™t making fun of him, nor do I believe that he rigged the solve. I am making fun of the people on YouTube who cannot type properly and also, as you said, the ridiculous odds of getting a solve like that. He is so much faster than I could ever hope to be, and even with his lockup on the solve, he was much faster than I was. I am truly sorry if you took offense to this, it wasnā€™t meant as that.
P.s what 4.63? Thatā€™s honestly insane. Doesnā€™t that beat your pb by over a second?!?!

Also Kennan, GJ on that 4.75 you got on cam. That was so crazy.

I had a long ride home from B.C so I did an average of 100 and beat all my 3x3 pbs.
12.19 lol single, got an x cross with 2 free pairs.
16.54ao5
17.44 ao12
19.956 ao100

Also, .608 2x2 single
2.706 ao5
4.73 ao12

Did anyone go to nationals? How did you do?

How does a cubing contest work?

Okay so this is the scramble that I got my 12.1 on. Iā€™m curious to see what some of you guys can get. I predict Kennan will get a high 5.
U2R2U2L2Bā€™D2Fā€™LUB2URD2BFRF

Also I got a 19.936 ao500 (done over 4 days)
And a 18.453 ao100

Edit: not quite sure what happened this week. I shaved 2 seconds of my average by barely practicing.
8.97 single
14.31 ao5
15.31 ao12
16.49 ao100
All pbs

Aww man Iā€™m mad right now. Popped on a potentially pb scramble that would have given me a into a ~13.4 ao5 tried the scramble again and I got a 8.22. X cross with free pair to oll skip and a t perm. So two pb fails in one solve, :frowning:

Dang