Create a Yoyo/Company

Again I’m sure this has been discussed in the past but it’s always fun to bring up and see others ideas. Let’s say you have the funds and the machine shop. You can start your own yoyo company. What’s the name and what’s a design(s) or concepts you’d go by with your products?

As some of you know I’m a big car guy, I help my dad restore muscle cars as a hobby and drag race in the summer. So my ideas would be largely based off that stuff. I don’t have specific names but we’d have something like the “Soccer Mom SUV” a larger 7068 and heavier throw but smooth as silk and very stable, comes in black, silver or white. The sports car, speed, agility, amazing to look it, reds, yellows, etc. The supercar, light bimetal, Godspeed type, polished, purples, pinks, greens. You get the idea. I’d have a lot of fun with it and I think I could get people on board

6 Likes

Find some cheap ti ring made for something else that could be roughly right for Yoyo rings and design a budget friendly as possible ti hybrid around that. The Yoyo would a beater for sparking. I think the sparking look so sick but I also don’t want to spend the money ti yo-yos cost to do that.

1 Like

I would go with animal names more likely than not. Call the competition bimetal the Dragonfly (would play floaty and very quick to change direction, be like 63g, and have an iridescent colorway).

I like how the first thing you thought about was “how can I make Ti affordable to everyone?” I like to think I’m a good judge of character even having never met people irl, and to me that says a lot about someone

Duncan may have something to say about that one

I dont know. something dumb like forged in fire yoyo and ill legit use my forge to cast yoyo halves or something. Can’t imagine thats very cost effective and it sure as heck isn’t scalable but it would be neat.

2 Likes

Lol I’m glad you saw that but really I was thinking, “how can I get myself a beater ti yoyo without feeling like it’s too expensive to be rough with it?” I’d be glad everyone else could grab one too though!

1 Like

I’ll also make one called the grasshopper and butterfly just to spite them

Edit: a yoyo called the Copyright

Nah Copyright is your company name then you literally just name every throw you release after another one’s lol, instead of players you sponsor a great lawfirm

2 Likes

I’ll take the forge idea forward one more step. My signature yoyo will be called the soda can and inverse can. it will be shaped kind of like the top of a soda can and use melted down used cans for the metal. It would be light as hell but hey I’m full of bad ideas here. Icing on the cake I could then setup some licensing deal with Pepsi and get a soda can shaped marketing tool into their hands and then immediately get ripped off by Duncan lol.

1 Like

I’m actually taking this seriously, and I would probably male an Atlas with plastic rims so it could be used for any (common) style besides 2a (including 4a with a smaller bearing).

1 Like