CRAZY 8... advice please!

Hello,

So I learnt the concept of crazy 8 months ago, however it was not the kind of trick I enjoyed doing. I’m a perfectionist at heart so want to get it right, however everytime I do the motion my yoyo ends up facing front style as opposed to staying on the side style plane.

Any ideas to help? I’m not even sure if I’m getting the twisting motion right…

1 Like

I love 8s.

For all kinds of 8s tricks you have to get used to moving your arms a lot. The way Adam describes it you have to let the yoyo move around your hand but you’re really moving your hand around the yoyo to keep it on plane. Once you get used to that you can experiment with how much you do it to feel comfortable and have it look smooth.

5 Likes

I don’t have any specific advice but I can say I kinda felt the same about this trick before, it was mildly annoying for me to do and not particularly as rewarding in the beginning. I ended up abandoning the trick to try something else, then came back to it later and kinda did a really good one by accident, and once I got it down a little more it’s kinda fun to throw in between something else although mine is still a little rough and awkward so I’m still working on it myself.

1 Like

Thanks guys… Is there a good pre-requisite move to learn before this to help with the motion?

I’d learn figure 8s before crazy 8s to get the weave motion in your head but it doesn’t really matter

1 Like

The great thing about this trick is it adds a lot of flair for so much else.
Satisfying to get it smooth with a few repetitions.

1 Like

You know the funny thing is I personally really struggle with figure 8 then kinda just forgot about it but crazy 8s are much easier for me. Got me thinking I should go back and try that one again

1 Like