Counterweights for 5A

Lately I’ve found more and more 5A tutorial videos. This sueded me to start 5A’ing.

The funny thing is that all of the tricks just come to me. But the real problem I have is finding a proper counterweight. *

In my short 5A’ing career, I have used 2 counterweights.
1: A small lock. This was my first counterweight, and found it a while ago while cleaning out the attic. There are two problems with this. One: It is METAL, this hurts extremely bad on a bad catch, and being that this was my first counterweight, I made a lot of bad catches. Two: It is VERY lightweight, which give me little to no control over it. So lets say I am doing a stall. When I try to reverse it. It flips over way to fast and gets stuck in the gap of the yoyo from too many spins.
2:A bouncy ball. This was my second counterweight. I once again, found it from cleaning out the attic. There are once again 2 problems.
1: It bounces of you hand if you try and catch it after a particularly fast throw.
2: You might say, " Well Pownage, if it bounces of you hand, make it go slower." I said that too, but then I realized that if i threw it slower, the counterweight wouldn’t go. Meaning the only to make it revolve around your hand is to throw it as hard as humanly possible.

So here is my question to you:

Besides buying a counterweight** and/or using a die, what should I use for a counterweight?

*I use a DM2 which weighs around 67 grams
** I’m a tad bit cheap

Get one of these. 

i found the bouncy ball works the best. If you buy a freehand zero you get 3 counterweights one die, one bouncy ball, and a random one. or if you dont want to get the FHZ just get the CW pack that Schnayke recommended  :smiley:

I use a plastic block i drilled a hole through

i use spintop buttons i love them the most buy far

Have any of you noticed what I said?!

I said “I AM CHEAP” clearly stated.

I then spoke about a bouncy ball and said how it didn’t work.

On a lighter note, thank you “1slave25” you actually read what I said.

Well generaly getting just the counterweight set is considerd the cheap way to go.  But this is free assuming you have all the stuff to make them.  :wink:

If you’re so cheap you won’t but a $4.00 CW set, yoyoing may not be the hobby for you.