Contacting duncan

what in the? Anyone else get this email from Duncan?

6 Likes

Yeah lol

4 Likes

Also, yes…

4 Likes

No, I didn’t get that email but anyone can get the 15% discount whenever they re-open. All you have to do is sign up for a notification email on their pop-up.

Maybe that is not the discount they have promised those of us that got caught up in their Yoyo Day fiasco?

3 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Hey I got that email too! Looks like the email got sent out about 5 months late based on the date :laughing: That really looks like a general email to subscribers, not a “we messed up and we’re sorry” so I doubt it’s the promised recompense for yoyo day. On my email it says it’s from Duncan via automations dot mcsv dot net, which is a MailChimp service. MailChimp is an email newsletter service, so it looks like maybe they just put the date very wrong on an automated email?

6 Likes

Has anyone ordered anything from Duncan since the website went back up?

2 Likes

Any of those who bought in the Sale got the promised Compensation? I remember a post by @bjardin which promised to make up that mess for all affected people.

2 Likes

Nope, I wasn’t too worried as the sale price was 50% off anyway.

4 Likes

I received an email back in November last year containing a 15% off code and a note about the website going down starting May 27th.

1 Like

We opened our website two weeks ago with the intention of sending the codes this week.

Unfortunately, due to COVID (again and again), us and the 3PL we partnered with have a limited capacity to accept higher shipping volumes. A lot of people aren’t showing up to work due to COVID symptoms and/or quitting because they are afraid they might get them too.

All of our new releases will be sold through retailers since there is no way for us to fulfill them right now. If I send those codes again, I’m repeating another issue we had in June.

If anyone needs something from us that we have in stock, you can contact us at info@yo-yo.com. We can definitely assist. But we can’t guarantee a fast turn around right now because of the challenges I mentioned above.

9 Likes

I have been a Duncan fan since the 50s. Lesson learned. Buy from third party vendors.

2 Likes

Oh i did not notice you reopened the store that late. Of course it does not make any sense to send out the coupons if there is the risk to get in the same Mess again. But I think it could be a good idea to keep the people in the loop why it did not happen yet. It would feel so much better for me as a customer being informed proactively why it hasn’t happened yet. Instead I have to resurrect a thread which started 7 month ago. (Which i am sure many of your customers aren’t even aware of).

5 Likes

Did anyone get any kind of update or the promtion or make up from this?

I got a dicount coupon, but I don’t think it had anything to do with this and it seemed to have expired. I also got a code for this year’s yoyo day, but it’s not working, at least not yet.

Edit: It started working, but at least for me, it only worked with the $50 plus, free shipping.

2 Likes

Not yet.

On March 25, I got an email that said “Thanks for your continued support of Duncan Toys and YOYO Day. We’re making big changes to help better serve you, and we couldn’t be more excited. Expect some EXCLUSIVE discounts coming your way! Thanks again and expect some exciting news from us shortly!”

On March 31, I got an email that said “Ad a token of our appreciation for your support, we’d like to offer you an exclusive one-time 25% discount on your next purchase!” and had a coupon code.

On April 2, I got an email that said “We fixed our issue with your code, and your 25% discount is ACTIVE!”

That’s literally everything I’ve received from Duncan. Just to be clear, I’m not mad at them, I was one of the lucky ones who got my order about a month after yoyo day. The only weird thing about my order was that I got charged nearly 2 months late, but that wasn’t a big deal since I had enough money in my account to cover it. Just saw this thread pop up and figured I’d check my email to see if I had anything from them. Nothing that mentions anything like “We want to make it up to you for yoyo day” specifically, it just seemed like general marketing emails.

Did they do anything for Yoyo Day this year? From bjardin’s post above it sounds like they’re not going to take orders directly for the foreseeable future and just rely on retailers, and if that’s the case I doubt they could really do much of anything. Can’t really give discounts or anything if you’re not taking orders.

Yes, they did something similar and I received my order from June 5th, yesterday!

3 Likes

Boy have I got the thread for you. Things went, uh… smoother, I guess… this year but still… controversial.

3 Likes

Phew, that was an interesting read. Orbital GTX for $15 is an absolute steal, that’s a fantastic yoyo. It looks like some folks got their orders with the crazy discount while others got canceled… What a mess. Glad some folks got really good deals though. I can’t get over that Orbital GTX for $15, I got mine for $40 last Yoyo Day and it is worth way more than that, for $15 I’d buy ten lol

4 Likes