Concerned about my purchase from @chrisdoc145

I’d def be down to toss in $10! @Yardist

3 Likes

I’m in for $10.

3 Likes

I’m also in for $10.

However, the real issue is a bad actor scamming people. I understand health issues, maybe they are serious enough that he couldn’t have picked up his phone or gotten to his computer to break the radio silence. Banning could result in him creating a new forum ID, behaving well until getting permission to post in BST, and starting the cycle all over again.

Again, I am trying to give him benefit of the doubt (I really want to believe people wouldn’t lie about health). I’m still hoping this all works out, but, @Chrisdoc145 isn’t doing himself any favors when he goes silent after making a promise.

5 Likes

And it isn’t like the seller can’t simply increase their sell price by like $5 or $10 to simply cover the fee. Or you know, they go without that PSL for the day.

5 Likes

This is a really really good point that needs addressed. I understand wanting to let things play out and hopefully reach a peaceful ending, but the mods should be stepping in after the first thread related to this guy was made in February.

When things go the way they have in this case, obviously hindsight is 20/20, but surely if a “hey. I think XYZ scammed me” thread pops up, the best course of action is to either ban them altogether, ban them from the BST, or tag their user ID with “suspected scammer”. I don’t know what’s actually possible outside of just a ban, but there should surely be recourse while everyone is trying to figure out what’s going on. Heck, Chris even started a NEW THREAD in the middle of this, and I think that there should be steps in place to keep that from happening in the future.

All in all. Scammers make a messy situation out of everything. We’re a big community, we look out for each other, and we give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes to a fault. It’s definitely a fine balance with no perfect solutions, but I think this Chris thing has given us some good insight into changes that might be beneficial. We want the BST to be a place where people have confidence in purchases, trades, and sales and I think having a clear set of standards and practices for things like this is a step that needs to be taken.

And I sure hope this doesn’t come off as Mod bashing. Our Mods are my faves and they deserve big ups whenever they can. My main point is that things like this can spiral rather quickly once a scammer has been outed, they usually try to unload and try to get the most out of people before they’re eventually banned. I’ve seen that behavior more and more in the TCG realm, but it’s a precautionary step that I think has more upsides than down.

3 Likes

It’s a difficult balance @Durfee @quinton. Sometimes things (sadly) have to play out a bit. If we ban someone immediately there is no chance of them making good or (sometimes) even contacting the person they want to make good with. I have zero problem banning someone that deserves a ban but like I said it’s tricky sometimes.

10 Likes

@vegabomb I think you’re @ ing the wrong person. I completely agree that a ban could prevent the situation from being resolved.

6 Likes

Lol fixed!

6 Likes