Comparison between Fake Hinemosu and Real Hinemosu

Friends, in my previous post, I mentioned that I would be sharing a comparison between real and fake Hinemosu, and now, here it is.
My friend once spent a amount of money on a fake Hinemosu. He lent it to me, and summarized his experience. Now, I’m sharing these insights with all of you in the hope that it can be of assistance, ensuring you don’t fall victim to counterfeit Hinemosu.

First, do not purchase from AliExpress; the Hinemosu there is counterfeit.
Then, let us compare the matte surfaces.

You can notice that the counterfeit’s surface is rougher, while the genuine one has a smoother, crystal-clear texture.
Whether it’s a glossy or matte finish, the counterfeit has a noticeable ring in the center, while the genuine product is very uniform.

Here comes the most obvious difference, which I typically rely on to distinguish between genuine and fake.
Please take a look at the seam between the ring and the body. The counterfeit is overly smooth, lacking any gradients, while the genuine one has an uneven seam.
It might not be clear from the description alone, but when you see the images below, it will become clear.

The above is all I’ve discovered, and I hope it can be of help to everyone. Thanks to the friends who assisted me; without them, I might have been deceived as well. That’s why I’m sharing this experience with all of you, hoping that fewer people will fall victim to deception.
Because English is not my native language, I hope you’ll understand if there are any unclear expressions.

9 Likes

How’s the difference in play? The ring fit on the fake one looks even better than the authentic lol

1 Like

Although I don’t want to admit it, the feeling of playing with counterfeit Hinemosu is not much worse than the genuine ones. This may be because the design of the TP is truly amazing, and the differences in the processing of yo-yos don’t significantly impact the playing experience. :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

i got duped with that fake as well, and your points are all consistent with mine (texture, one deeper groove in the cup making a ring, no seam between ring and body). but mine has oversize ring which spills over and makes a sharp bump instead of what your friend’s which appears okay,cant really tell from pictures.

this is common problem with fakes as i understand.stay away from fakes they are not worth it, and for the prices they are asking its absolutely a scam.

1 Like

Interesting! Haven’t tried a fake TP myself yet, but I’ve had experience with some counterfeit throws and it’s fascinating to me to (1) see the differences between a real and fake yoyo and (2) that someone actually goes through the trouble of knocking-off something like yoyos lmao

For example, that fake Grail I linked above is actually higher quality than a real one since it’s dead smooth and doesn’t have the typical A-RT vibe lol… Though I can definitely see TP throws still easily one-upping their fake counter parts in the quality department, as TP’s quality of manufacturing is by far some of the best I’ve encountered, period.

1 Like

this is how i confirmed 100% then asked the retailer to spill the beans. unfortunately the counter claim period had passed. the quality inconsistencies should be deal breaker for anyone, even then fakes prices are ridiculous. probably deliberate to fool buyers as i was new to how yoyos get their pricey tag.

1 Like

Yes, I think it is really hard to identify the grail. So I let Charles signature on the surface! lol

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that you also get a fake one. We need to be careful if we don’t buy yoyos in official website.

It’s really scary to see so many yo-yos being counterfeited. :fearful: :fearful:

Hahaha. We have all our yoyos made in China and we wonder why they are bootlegged.

5 Likes