Compare/Contrast 888x vs 888.11

will someone please compare contrast the 888x vs the 888.11?

1 Like

888x=made in china

888.11= made in usa

is that the only difference?

No.
They differ in width, shape, weight, finish, color.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, that might have been confusing.

That is only one of the differences.

Like Ben said, Width, Shape, Weight, Finish, Color, Model.

The 888x is heavier, slower (though still fast compared to many other throws), and has a high wall. It’s going to spin longer, and I found it to grind a little better (because of it’s blasted surface), and it’s dead smooth. It’s probably a better fit for a person looking for their first metal, and I believe it was designed to that end. I ended up selling mine on the bst, and I have some regrets about that.

The 888.11 is lighter, faster, and does not have any wall, so it’s going to be a tad better for suicides. It’s got a very organic feel. It’s a better fit for someone who likes fast throws, and man is it fast when you take off the stacks. Amazingly it’s got a decent spin to it. Not as good as the x but very good for the weight. IMO this is THE 888 to get. Now a more important question to ask is “IS it better than the classic 888?” I say yes.

1 Like

Can’t beat the 2007 888 in my opinion. Much, much better than any other edition and I have tried them all. Just something special about it. Super smooth and “floaty”

Yeah, the 07’s are the best but as for as the X Vs. the .11 I find for my style of play, fast and smooth transitions the 888.11 plays better. The quality of both is superb and I think both are great throws! If you decide to buy one and like it I would definitely recommend picking up a 2007 edition off the BST.

1 Like