Coming back to yo-yoing

Great to hear you are back! I was throwing over the weekend with an 83 year old friend who did demos with Duncan Pro Barney Akers in Detroit. Then my other friend won the the 1996 World Contest at 54. When I spoke with him yesterday he just finished up a series of shows and had more coming up in the future. It is never too late to yo-yo!

6 Likes

Welcome back, yo-yos

2 Likes

Welcome back! Have fun. Yo-yos are so much better and fun than ever before. It’s a good time to be in the hobby.

5 Likes

Welcome back to it! I stopped something like 20 years ago and got back into it in late 2020. I’m 56 and like a few others who posted here, have amassed a collection that dwarfs my skill level, but I’m still working my way through the YYE ladder and will catch up to that collection any day now. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I discovered yoyo at 48. Turning 50 this November and don’t ever plan on “getting old” as @edhaponik points out.

Welcome back!

9 Likes

What is wrong with you?

How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Not spending hours a day yoyoing is no way to live your life. I bet you have a “job” or other hobbies (even worse) or something…

Look, winners never quit. And quitters don’t yoyo.

Be a winner.

5 Likes

That may be true, but your 2020 you was the one who “made” me purchase my first one drop yoyo. So I thank your 2020 you. I read lots of your post (several years you) in order to decide what to get.
That was wise 2020 me, thanks to you.

3 Likes

Yoyoers don’t get old, they get frayed with bad torsion/tension.
Ps. Fortunately we got a chiropractor among us.

6 Likes

I’m 46, last year my 9 year old son asked to see my old yoyo collection that had been sitting for 20+ years. I picked one up, and haven’t put one down since. My unresponsive collection and skills are growing daily. I missed the yoyo and now have so much to learn. This post was reassuring, I often feel like the only old guy teaching my son and his friends how to yoyo. It’s an amazing hobby.

14 Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Much appreciated. I’m 54 years young. Feel like I’m 70, lol.

13 Likes

Since I started messing with yo-yos in 1997, I have met countless very successful people.

People with drive. People with initiative. People that eat right. People that sleep right. People that have travelled the World. People that get tired and fall asleep counting their money. People with the most Exotic cars. People with the most friends. People that are totally in to Philanthropy and saving the World because they have Presidents to burn and want to give back. People older than me and many people only a 3rd of my age.

People that only ‘see’ success and never consider failure as an option. People that at times seem soooooo busy, they fall behind on their own projects yet will find the time to help others make a deadline, because they don’t fear competition. They want others to reach the top also.

People that do everything they can to raise their own star higher in the Sky, but seriously trying to avoid stepping on the toes of others on their way to the gold.

And, amazingly, every single one of them has the same thing in common>

None of them throw ‘Yo-yos’.

<> Your inspirational view of the day.

:joy:

5 Likes

I was wondering where that was going … well done … :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The moree involved in the community you get the more addicting is it! these people are awesome.

Make some friends and share your tricks with us!

There a beginners yoyo group on facebook

3 Likes

Thanks! I guess I’m a beginner as I’m just coming back after many moons … but do not use FB … I do like the energy of this forum though!

4 Likes