Collection goals

Apparently Jensen hated the color blue…

If money wasn’t an issue, I’d track down every AntiYo again.

1 Like

Really? But there are blue northstars.

1 Like

This makes me chuckle…

5 Likes

The only brand I set out to collect was from the Smashing Yoyo Company, and I’m pretty happy with where that is at right now. Meanwhile I tend to create little patterns in my head and then chase them. For example right now I want a “full set” of CLYWxOD collaborations. I barely even know what that means, but I’m sure there’s an obscure and unhelpful set bonus if I complete it.

4 Likes

I’m currently actually trying to trim down my collection currently. Trying to basically be down to my 10 favorite yoyos I have.

2 Likes

soap boxes are unsustainable, just like dead horsies!

2 Likes

I try to play/experience as many different yoyos as possible that will likely fit my preferences. My goal is to find a usable number of yoyos that I derive the most enjoyment from playing. I keep a running list of throws that I’ve owned, so it’s kind of a fun challenge to keep it growing.

I try to cull the throws that I don’t use, even if I really like them. I do keep some just because I enjoy having them, due to aesthetics, sentimental reasons, etc…

3 Likes

My collection goal is to get every single yoyo in existence. wait, that isn’t a goal I can achieve…

I want to try out a wide range of yo yos from different companies, so that I don’t get stuck playing with YYF every day.

no offence YYF, you guys are awesome.

2 Likes

Whoa if you can get that one remaining nickel benchmark I will be very impressed.

1 Like

I know I can’t get every brand of yoyo in existence, but I feel like I’ll be reasonably satisfied after I get at least one popular yoyo from these companies:
YYF, OD, CLYW, G2, A-RT, SF, Sengoku, Recess, Duncan, YYR, 2Sick, Unspoken, UNPRLD, and Yoyofriends

That Northstar looks absolutely nothing like something Jensen would like to throw. Lol. V shape with weight rings.

I’m actively reconsidering my dead horse collection…

6 Likes

I am hoping to get as much titanium as I can, and as many ‘artisanal’ throws as I can. The latter being things like the Spinworthy Skinflint I just received, anything with hand-painted art, or any just-a-dude-making-a-run-of-yoyos-without-a-company jojos. So far I’m up to like 5 Ti and 3 Artsy. One Ti on the way, and fundraising starting for another Ti.

4 Likes

Yeah, I would be impressed too. Alas, nobody has a nickel W they want to part with.

The only thing I’d like to collect more of are silenus. I’d like to find the solid color ones…

2 Likes

I sort of want to collect as many CLYW Clareview Station throws I can get, but I’m otherwise pretty content with where I’m at collection wise. No real theme outside of the Smashing collection, just a mish-mash of throws that really make me happy to play with.

4 Likes

I’m actually trying to purge my collection to get it down to just the throws I really love. Not just selling but playing pieces I haven’t touched in forever to see if they’re worth keeping or not.

6 Likes

Try to make imaginary contact with your future self and make sure you don’t end up regretting letting go of high-end or rare yoyos that might have great value (to you) many years down the road. I’ve heard too many people say they regret selling this or that yoyo (or guitar or comic book or fountain pen or whatever) when they really didn’t have to.

5 Likes

So in addition to trying to complete my collection of nickel Benchmarks, I’m also trying to acquire one of each “type” of G2 Banshee. So far I have (or will have any day now):

• OG Banshee - purple
  • AL6 Banshee '18 - deep wine
  • AL7 Banshee '18 - deep purple
  • Ti Banshee - copper

The only one I still need is the SS Banshee.

3 Likes