Collection goals

There is a nearly complete and total lack of Jive in that picture.

1 Like

Going to buy one of the last three Wide Angles I need today. Either red blue or green polished. Leaning towards the red but there seem to be less green out there total.

Iā€™ll probably get the two Iā€™m missing after today at MA states.

2 Likes

Iā€™d go with the greenā€¦because :green_heart:ā€¦but also because thereā€™s only 1 left in stock on YYE.

1 Like

I did a check across all US based retailers and there are actually less Blue than anything else, and more red. Itā€™s not a huge difference but there are 10 green in stock somewhere else. Iā€™ll get the Red or Blue from YYE today and hopefully that green will still be available here when I get around to it. MA states is basically at the YYE warehouse so I might get it then if itā€™s available.

1 Like

Looking forward to when you complete the set so we can see some group photos! :smiley:
When is MA States?

Struggling with this right now. Iā€™m at the point where 90% of my play is with my Wide Angles. I had a goal of getting everything Good Life put out but I just know thereā€™s almost no chance I play anything I get from here on out for 1A as much as my Wangles. And while I still enjoy my Breeze and Gulch a ton, I just donā€™t see myself throwing my Gully or Liberty too much in the future. But if I get rid of them then if I ever try and go back to collecting Good Lifes then Iā€™d have to get them again.

On the other hand, knowing that Good Life bimetals retail around 130-140, I canā€™t see myself buying the new bimetal theyā€™re making given that Iā€™ll almost certainly like my Wangles more and i also want the Bimetal Shutter.

Future Durfee is telling me he appreciates the extra money in my bank account from using yo-yo sales to buy new yo-yos and that collecting all the yo-yos from a company regardless of whether Iā€™ll play them a lot is stupid.

3 Likes

Iā€™m part of the group of people whoā€™s all for others collecting yos just for collecting and not for playing.
I meanā€¦we only live once, you know? If it makes you happy, I say go for it! Thereā€™s something that can be deeply satisfying about owning certain things. Just knowing you have it feels good. Whether you use it or not, the satisfaction is just having it.

I may have slight hoarding issues.
haha

2 Likes

There are three main reasons I buy a yoyo:

• To try it out. (Buy-and-Try because thereā€™s no Try-Before-You-Buy in yoyoing)
  • To get a yoyo that I already like in some other color or variant.
  • To own an iconic throw; essentially owning a small piece of yoyo history.

Of these, only the first category consists of yoyos Iā€™m likely to sell off any time soon (the ones I tried and didnā€™t love). The second category yoyos would only be sold after Iā€™ve quit yoyoing all together and Iā€™ve decided I donā€™t need multiples of my old favorites. The third category I probably wouldnā€™t sell unless I was desperate for cash (letā€™s hope that day never comes).

6 Likes

Iā€™m not necessarily against it, Iā€™d just rather have 5 colorways of a yo-yo I play than 5 separate yo-yos that I barely touch.

3 Likes

Yeah this something I hate. Yoyo reviews are so terrible that unless you have a large yo-yo club near you you probably canā€™t try anything without actually purchasing it.

2 Likes

Honestly for me a lot of it is color. Pinks, purples, pastels, and also raw titanium/nickel plated stuff. I thank apple for starting the rose gold trend as itā€™s made my yoyo collection so pretty.

6 Likes

Me too! :smiley: :green_heart:

2 Likes

Geezā€¦ idk? Ahā€¦ I collectā€¦ yeaā€¦ yoyoā€™sā€¦
I ahā€¦ try to sell the ones I donā€™t play with muchā€¦ oh yeah? To update my collection continually to keep my collection fresh/up-to-date! I guessā€¦ thatā€™s whyā€¦huhā€¦yeah!

3 Likes

I finally achieved my titanium collection goals. The TiHawk and TiBanshee are the finishing touches on the collection:

TiVayder (x3), TiRROX, TiHawk, TiBanshee.

(I also have Heirloom #15, not pictured, which Iā€™m planning to sell.)

9 Likes

What do you think of the Ti-Vayder? How does it compare with the others?

1 Like

The TiVayder plays a lot like the TiHawk. They feel almost the same to me, so it is sort of like I have a light blue TiVayder. The TiRROX and TiBanshee have a bit more stability due to them being H and V shaped respectively, but all of them are amazing performers. It is impossible for me to pick a favorite.

5 Likes

Fun yo-yos.

2 Likes

I wish to collect all models of A-RT metal yosā€¦ and including Jensenā€™s signature yosā€¦

Big dream ehā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatā€™s so bad about a yo-yo collection? Thereā€™s plenty to go around, and if someone is made happy looking at their yo-yo case, what the heck.

People who collect rare musical instruments I agree, because it puts it out of commission for another player. Collecting yo-yos is pretty harmless, and many eventually get recirculated making someone else happy.

2 Likes

My goal is to own yoyos which I enjoy playing with and to hopefully not end up with way more than what is necessary.

3 Likes