Collection goals

Parents (and I am a parent): if your children ask for yo-yos please buy all the yo-yos they want, otherwise they (I also include myself here) will become obsessed in getting not only the yo-yos they could not get, but any other yo-yos. You can save them time and money in the future!

5 Likes

Too late! You’re such a failure!!!

3 Likes

Dagnbit! :smiley:

3 Likes

and you get to spend time together as a family… away from devices!

4 Likes

Early on (and still a bit to this day) I struggle from not focusing my collecting. Although the foundation of my collection is Peaks, TKs, FHZs, VsNYYC and unique Ti, I too often end up with yoyos that I purchased on a whim and then don’t really get played and don’t bring me enough joy from a collecting perspective.

I guess my advice to collectors is to take the time to envision what you want your collection to be. For me, putting my Peaks, FHZs and TKs into wall mounted display boxes that provide character to my house provided me with a way to enjoy my yoyos everyday and share them with others.

9 Likes

I just want the yo-yos I collect to be yo-yos I play. I’ve turned away from the recent brand collecting I was doing and have decided the safest bet is multiples of yo-yos I love in different colorways, as opposed to
trying to collect based on brand. It satisfies my collection mentality while ensuring I will play with all of them.

4 Likes

100% one of my best memories is when my daughter and I were learning new tricks together. She still enjoys playing yo-yo! Who doesn’t eh?

3 Likes

i told my kiddo some of the first tricks he’d learn before the gravity pull and the sleeper were the “face basher” and “&$* hitter”

2 Likes

Sorry to brag…but yeah, I’m pretty great at this trick!

What color of black?

:joy:

2 Likes

Matte or glossy

yeah, i’m kind of a big deal too

1 Like

My main goal as far as collection goes right now is to obtain a quail. That’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

You’ve given up on the (blue) Grail?

2 Likes

Spooky Quails are still up on today’s drop

3 Likes

I knooooooow. They always drop these things when I’m broke as a joke. The times when I have to choose between feeding my family and buying a toy.

I really really like the color of those too.

4 Likes

The written description of the Quail on the A-RT site is virtually unintelligible though… :confused:

1 Like

What do you mean? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

1 Like

Not sure if serious…

“The A - Return Tops quail has a never seen before custom super thicc and close to the ball bearing response recess with 2010 World Champion Jensen Kimmitt hand poured flowable silicone to provide for a super ridiculously tight bind return. But super ridiculously tight was not tight enough, no the Quail also incorporates an A size Dif-E-Yo koncave bearing to create even tighter tight tight binds with a real tight to the string type smooth type feeling.”

It’s like a bad Google Translate session…

4 Likes

I think they’re just trying to have fun lol

2 Likes