Coffee Thread!

while i love the aesthetic of drinking coffee i just grab a pack of energy drinks when i’m feeling extra tired and call it a day

Dude that’s dedication lol but I don’t doubt you have the best cup of coffee every morning for sure

1 Like

DOMA in my chemex all day.

I prefer dark roast. With a splash of heavy whipping cream.
That’s brings up another question: what do you put in your coffee? Do you drink it black, and cream, sugar etc.?

1 Like

Just black, no sugar or cream.

3 Likes

Black is good, I’ve been doing oat milk a lot lately. Sometimes some honey or creamer if I’m in the mood for a little sweetness. I like it pretty simple.

1 Like

Ah, my mornings usually start with hand grinding coffee beans locally sourced from mountains and volcanoes here in the Philippines. Then I’d brew with either an Aeropress or Stanley Travel Press. Medium roast, black.

4 Likes

Depends on the day/how much time I have. If I have time I’ll use the frother and stuff and find recipes online to make a real good cup of coffee. But usually just a little sugar and a splash of creamer is good enough for me

I like coffee ice cream

4 Likes

I know some coffee beans from there give more of a chocolate flavor right? But what does a volcano do for it, if anything? Is it more earthy tasting, more smoky? I’d be curious to try some

I guess the high elevation and rich soil make volcanoes conducive to growing coffee. The ones I’ve tried have floral/wine/berry undertones, which I really like. Hope you get to try them!

2 Likes

I LOVE coffee and espresso.

However, at 72, my hands have begun to shake. Getting rid of caffein has reduced the shaking.

Starbucks decaf is about the only decaf strong enough to cover up the lack of caffein. :frowning:
Jeff

2 Likes

Is that a siphon coffee maker on the shelf? I’ve seen some videos of those, it looks like a cool coffee science experiment! :microscope:

My friend makes pottery for a living. She posts some behind the scenes stuff on her instagram and the process is mesmerizing! Check out her instagram If you are interested. I have a few of her mugs/cups/plates and they are works of art! :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, it’s a siphon! I haven’t used it in many years as it’s a bit of a pain. It does produce a really interesting cup of coffee, however, as it’s sort of a hybrid immersion/ filter brew. Think a mix of a french press + pour over. There’s also the theater of the whole thing that’s kind of fun. But cleaning/setup is such a pain that I haven’t bothered in a long time.

And I’ve been making pots for about 8 years now. When I said I have 60+ mugs from potters I admire, I’m excluding the 100+ of my own! A goal for 2024 is to get an Etsy store established or something. Here are a few brown stoneware mugs with a white slip that I made this week. They’ll get fired in a wood kiln next month.

5 Likes

I’m sure you know this already, but tea is a great alternative to coffee! More energizing stuff in the non caffeinated versions and just overall will make you feel better than coffee would

1 Like

Oh cool! Those mugs look great, good stuff!

:+1:

1 Like

I particularly like black tea. My mother used to like gourmet teas from around the world.

I particularly like black like my coffee. :wink:

Thank you for the tip,
Jeff

2 Likes

Good morning! :coffee:

6 Likes

My instant is low so I’ll stoop to wife’s k cups for bean juice

1 Like

I make espresso with a Moka Pot.