Code 1 or 54

Onedrop Team Member Zammy here:

Sup man? I am pretty sure I can sort of help you out here if you wish for any sort of help from a Rep from the company. This is a interesting question since both types of throws can handle literally anything out there when it comes to tricks.

The 54 has a more organic feel in the hand so when you bind it, it will feel a bit comfy. You will get two sets of side effects, the aluminum spikes and the brass domes I believe. So you have the choice for floaty and or solid. Really smooth on the throw and if you dig traditional throws then I will assure you will love it. Its feels like a larger throw but compared to the Code1, it actually feels smaller but I have a feel that it is just me.

There is some draw backs with the 54. One of them is that due to the design, it simply cannot handle horizontal play compared to say the Code1 and or Dietz. Other issue is that they have been off the market except for the black ones in YYE.

The Code1 has a drastic different type of feeling for a throw. The H-shape provides for a bit of a awkward feel in the hand until you get used to it. That could take anywhere from a day to a week, it just depends on you. The weight distribution feels amazing and even overall and feels like how a fullsized throw should be. Its floaty and smooth with the code1 effects but those are the only ones you get. The community truly did an amazing thing by voting all these things to make it. Also, the grooves in it help when it comes to grinding. The shape helps to direct the string directly into the groove so the slacks and hops would help. Plus there is plenty of these in the market to get right now. Plus a major advantage this can truly handle horizontals.

Some drawbacks would be as I said before, Its a full size throw. So if your not used to that might as well get the 54. Some people simply can’t handle the awesomeness of full size. Secondly, having to get used to it is kind of a learning curve. So you will have to put dedication to it.

As you can see, I’m a major supporter for the Code1, and I truly believe EVERY yoyoer should have one in their collection. So seriously, just “drop” for a Onedrop. :wink:

~Z

1 Like

Woah. Zammy made me feel like getting a CODE 1. I think I might. The Dietz looked so wierd at first, yet the shape is actually really comfortable. The only thing is that stock, it’s too fast for my liking. With heavier SE’s though, it’s perfect.

1 Like

Isn’t the Dietz an undersized throw? Cause if so look into that.

Also, I have a few high end metal Yoyo’s, and I almost always end up picking The 54 up first if I just want to throw for a good 10 minutes… it truly is amazing… too bad I don’t remember where I put my ultralights…

Hmmm. Alot of people say 54, but the frw who have said Code 1 put up a convincing arguement. What will probably happen is whatever I don’t get now I’ll get next month. I’m leaning towards the code 1 though…

Humph. I just remembered what Zammy taught me: Rounder shapes are better for Moebius. Seeing that Moebius is my main style of play, this makes the decision that much harder. Maybe I should get the Code 1 to challenge myself.

1 Like