CLYW YETI

Not the mold itself, I suppose. But Chris has got well over that invested into the Yeti.

Plastic molds are really, really expensive, though.

Chris said it in the thread not too long ago. And I believe injection molding is far more expensive than machining btw

Well, to be fair, you do need a CNC machine that costs … a lot.
But anyway, the mold, far as I remember, is around that price last I talked to Chris.

This was like… 6 months ago, before the potatotypes were made.

Besides, it’s good that he avoided polycarbonate for the yoyo.
As a plastic, it reacts with a lot of substance. I work with it a lot and not my favorite plastic, for sure.

Well… Chinese manufacturing is a lot cheaper, too.
I’m sure the Yeti would be less if it were made overseas.

I think people are stressing out a lot about one yoyo.
But I can’t wait to get all the colours of this sick plastic throw.

True. However, it’s not like made in USA companies aka YYJ get their stuff made overseas.

Wildcat, I don’t think I said “solid halves”. I said one piece. Which is a huge step forward. There are no yoyos out there that boast the same kind of play and achieve a similar weight without metal/denser rims of some sort.
I didn’t say the pursuit of metal playing like plastic is new, I said the route they chose to achieve that goal is new.
Weight rings get knocked loose, they just do. They’ve been doing it since people started putting them on yoyos, and they will always continue to do it. Unless we stop putting them on our yoyos.

If y’all don’t want to spend $40 on the Yeti, that’s your loss. I’m going to buy a first run, was planning on skipping it in the hope of better spacers on future runs, but I’ll just buy one of those, as well.

You say “All the colors”. Does this mean Chris has found more colors of the plastic/a way to dye it?! That would be amazing to see some colors besides black on the Yeti! I NEED TO KNOW!

(Probably a new plastic. You can’t dye black unless you want it blacker. Lol)

3yo3

Have fun.

1 Like

I’m hoping to get in and buy one if they arent all sold out before i have an opportunity to purchase one.

lol CLYW fanboyism has increased to record levels in this thread. Just embarrassing.

I’m not buying because im a fanboy, im buying because i want to play side by side with my rally and see what one i like better and do a side by side review.

This might be my first CLYW. Other than the Summit, but I only had it for a few weeks.

This is a thread about the Yeti. If you’re not a fan of CLYW and you come into a thread bashing the Yeti’s cost, expect to upset some CLYW supporters who are used to paying $135+. Do you really think any CLYW fan is going to blink at $45? If you want cheap plastics go play with a YYR Diffusion or better yet, a YYJ Surge (which plays awesome). Wildcat already admitted to not buying a CLYW in 3 years (or ever?). If we’re fanboys, then Wildcat is a troll, and for that matter, you are a troll as well. You’ve added nothing to the discussion other than eliciting an angry response from me, which is the definition of trolling.

The Yeti is something truly unique. If you can’t see that, I’d say get your vision checked.

1 Like

What I find more interesting than anything is that Chris talks about specs using inches:

What NathanC said is true.

Also, why are you flaming me? And yes, I have never bought a CLYW. I find $130+ unreasonable for the level of play they have.

Also, the definition of trolling is “The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.” I have done none of those things here tonight.

Please, know what a troll is before calling someone a troll.

Also, I did not intend to disrupt the thread. I was merely stating my opinion.

IT’S A CONSPIRACY. #ILLCLYWMINATTI

He was not calling you a troll he was being sarcastic…

Hmm, it doesn’t read that way…

HAHA ^^^ I see what you did there.