CLYW YETI

It was crazy what ppl were offering me… I do not even want to say…

And yes its pretty darn sad that a lot of ppl had their stuff stolen… Pretty sad…

yeah i consider my self lucky that i didnt misplace any of my yoyos but i definitely remember a few others going around looking for their yoyo …

I was the lucky guy on the end of the deal that got the Peak. Traded that Peak for a mint BBB Cliff and $120 cash! I remember someone (I think it was you) took a picture of the end result. So whoever you are post it and share how hyped Yeti’s are! (although they are the best playing plastic I have ever tried, people are just willing to trade too much for em).

duskeye0221, that is an incredible deal for you. Like that’s actually really impressive.

People are so incredibly stupid… why pay so much more to have it right then and there?
I would have milked those kids for all they were worth. Sounds stupid and heartless but wow… what a way to get some yoyos. Congrats duskeye, that’s impressive.

I am usually not one for scalping but I have to agree with SR on this one. That is a killer deal. If was not able to get one from the store I would have waited, there is no reason to give that much for a plastic. Especially when the owner of the company has said flat out he needs to sell a boat load of them to pay off the mold.

People need to realize that these new plastics are not going to be like the metal runs from these same companies. Molds are not cheap so these have to flow like the Amazon in order for the companies to recoup the initial investment and start turning a profit.

1 Like

Every single time I have gotten a 1st run I have not been let down. Gnarwhal is heavier. Sharp Lip Chief that got snuck by with no FG stamp… Got the heavier 2nd one also. They all seem to be more rare + go up in price. Peak… I ordered one. The white one looks awesome though…

I think color is completely a matter of opinion. I am not the biggest fan of black but that has been overridden by my desire to play this yo-yo.

And how do you know this is an inferior run? This is a molded plastic. I am not sure how easy it is to change the design once the mold has been struck. It would seem to me that all but minor changes like what Chris said about fixing the little tab hole next to the sticker would be hard to do. I fI had to guess I would say that all runs will play identical unless Chris goes nuts and changes the material used to make the yoyo.

Yea dude that was me, I’ll post it later. They should have gave you an award for best deal of the year haha.

Some kid offered me a FG puffin … but I just couldn’t do it.

But you got offered a peak … That’s a whole different story lol

Don’t quote me on this but I tried Chris’s and jensens … Yeti… One was orange and the other one was green I think. Those did not play like the first run black ones. I can’t tell you if one was better than the other though.

Either way … The yeti is a great plastic… Worth every penny I spent… Around 4,000 pennies lol.

must be nice to have the money floating around to just drop so much more then the yeti is worth. a peak plus $120 makes that deal so bittersweet bitter for the buyer but sweet for the seller, but as long as both parties are happy.

Now you can buy 3 Yetis to go with your Cliff.

That could be chalked up to variances in materials I know different colors can effect how string plays I wonder if the same is true for plastic.

I think he meant that the first run was inferior because it comes with the death grip spacers, I’m sure play will be great, but when it comes to cleaning the bearing or just switching it out I’m guessing it will get frustrating to some.

I do hate those things… Tyler makes it look so easy in the video but NO. LIES. So they chose a good person for the video on Plastic Grind Machine maintenance video. He uses a pin and I did the exact thing and…no…not even close. I am not seeing everything the same way you guys are. To me it looks like Chris is going to use spacers no matter what but he will use YYF ones when they come through? He is just using different spacers… Can probably be switched out no matter what… Whats the problem? If your being a hater about other people that got this yoyo and you got timed out shhhhhh and be happy for people that want the yoyo. I imagine a lot of kids have been waiting for an affordable CLYW. 2 cents.

so I got a yeti today it’s so good

Well actually, if he got 120 and tried to get a first run off of the guy with five Yetis, it’s more like a Cliff and a Yeti LOL

My yeti is one of his 5. And I bought a first run the next day for $60. So technically I traded a yeti for a Cliff a Yeti and $60.

I can’t remember if Chris said the material will be different or they changed something else. I just know they played different …, ill definitely get a colored one too.

Good grief that’s a hard loss from him side

From what i remember and I may be wrong it’s a different blend on the plastic… More refined and polished I would guess…

It feels a bit different… Both are awesome though… The Yeti is a great yoyo.

Got my Yeti today.

First I must say, YYE included an extra Yeti sticker in the box. YAY!!! (Kermit arm flail)

Yes, it is the little things that make me happy and of all the great CLYW box are, I think I like the yeti art best.

Anyways, I did exactly what I said I would do. I took the extra spacers and slapped them on a spare 10-Ball. Swapped the guts in the Yeti and threw on a Toxic Skinny Snake string. The play is great on the Yeti. Spins for quite some time, grinds great except for finger grinds (I have big thumbs).

So far I am loving the play, totally unique feel on the string. It may look like a plastic Chief but it doesn’t play like one. This will sound weird but it has a less refined, more beastly feel on the string. Basically exactly what you would expect from a yo-yo named for a rampaging mythological creature.

Now the big question I know people will ask: “You own both, how does it compare to the Rally?”
I can’t answer that. These are two totally unique yo-yos, constructed of totally different materials, and with completely different philosophies in how they should be constructed. I’m going o have to tap out and say they are both great. If you have $85 to spend and are looking for a decent metal you would be better served to pick up both a Rally and a Yeti instead. You will not regret it.

1 Like