CLYW x Luftverk

So finally something, to put the Manatee down for?

That did happen. I didnt throw my prized manatee once at Worlds (a few times in the hotel room sure).

They both in my “Top 8 bag of never trading or selling-ness”

Thanks soo much for everyone who I met at worlds and also those who got one online. It was really surreal to see my logo on the back banner. Ive watched worlds every single year for the past 10 years - never in my life would I thought I could get a chance to sponsor one of these contests. Thats for everyone whos ever purchased something from Luftverk. That logo represents not me, but you.

We are so excited to ship them out but Steve has a lot to do. Hes doing video stuff right now - so hopefully they will be shipped out soon! Hes been so busy with Worlds so Id rather him be in the right mind set than mess up an order. Aiming at this weekend or maybe early next week!

Much love everyone for the success of this run… Talked to Chris about the bad ones. Maybe some Fools Gold later on? :wink:

<3

Jeff

3 Likes

Yesss please. A fool’s gold Tundra, especially that green version, would be perfect for my collection. I’ve been wanting a green Luftverk ever since the purple Evora. Plus, I wouldn’t have any reservations about bringing it and throwing it absolutely anywhere due to it being fool’s gold, unlike how I imagine I’ll baby my AMS version; I do bring my other Luftverk stuff out of the house, but I rarely throw them over anything that could damage them. Lastly, since the Tundra looks like such an awesome design, I think it would be awesome to have this CLYW/Luftverk be my “EDC”.

Ummm, they’re made from Titanium, one of the strongest metals known to man. Don’t have to worry about “damage” :wink:

p.s. I know what you meant, just giving you a hard time about it ;D

Yeah, if I had any regular raw versions I’d have no issues whatsoever; but, the only raw one I have is my Fulvia BTM-R, and I’m not too keen on slamming that into anything, haha.

Even a fool’s gold green one I’d probably hate to ding at first, as the color anodizing is so nice on Luftverk throws. Having a mint AMS version will make it a non-issue though, and since the green will already be fool’s gold it’ll be great to throw it without any reservations.

1 Like

I don’t baby any of my yoyos, and have very few that I wouldn’t walk the dog with, but I don’t think I could do that with a Fulvia BTM either.

I really only baby most of my collection because I have an un-numbered Sovereign as my “beater” throw. It wasn’t 100% mint when I bought it, so I didn’t mind relegating it to being my “beater”, even though it’s still in great shape thanks to being raw titanium that can be brushed up.

Really, the only surface I don’t throw the rest of my collection over is pavement, otherwise I bring them anywhere and will throw them over pretty much any other surface. I always bring the Sovereign with me for throwing over those surfaces, in case anybody wants to see me walk the dog, or if one of my friends wants to try throwing.

If I can grab one of the fool’s gold, it’ll be nice to have another titanium “beater”. Everybody should have a titanium beater if they can afford it, because it’s really great. Plus, some great titanium models are going pretty darn cheap on the BST nowadays, comparable to mid-high end aluminum stuff; almost a no-brainer.

I see nothing wrong with choosing to “baby” some, most, or even all of your yoyos!

We’re all at least as different as the yoyos we throw. :wink: …and/or collect.