CLYW Peak Raw Yo-Yo, New

For sale on eBay: CLYW Peak Raw Yo-Yo, New | eBay

10 Likes

Very curious to see how much this goes for

1 Like

@SCUBA_Steve Do you know what run it’s from?

Same. I paid $300 for a 3rd 2nd run raw blasted with polished cups and Jensen signed box last summer. If this is first or third run I could see it going for more than that consider how well Steve’s auctions have been doing.

ETA: mixed up the run mine was, the first and third are the rarer ones IIRC.

3 Likes

Rims and machine line in cup signal second run

5 Likes

At $255 already holy

What’s the most a peaks sold for? 1K?

$255 CAD :wink: so ~ $200 USD. Still though! Will be interesting to watch this one.

4 Likes

Mint first run 28S and the OG white with blue mountains have both sold for just under $2k in the past year

6 Likes

IIRC mint 28 stories have recently sold for well over $1k and I’m sure the 1/1 Levi painted ones are up there as well, same with a mint OG white with baby blue mountains Levi painted peak.

2 Likes

Holy crap! That things gonna fetch a pretty penny!

Excited to see where it gets to, don’t see too many moved around outside of closed doors

I just watched a prime 8 go for $290 last night and a gelada 2.1 go for $224! I was bidding on the Gelada at $120 but backed out after that. But this one… I wouldn’t be surprised if it breaks $600 to $700.

1 Like

When did MFDs become sought after!? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Year and a half or 2 years ago I feel like they boomed

2 Likes

The previous Peak Steve was selling went for $880 CAD, I feel like this could fetch the same, if not more

2 Likes

Seems like it started around the beginning of last summer, at least that’s when I became aware of it. The Aotus drop at YYE sold out almost instantly, every other drop of theirs since then has been the same.

Pretty crazy to think about, but I don’t think it will get that high. It’s raw and a 2nd run, two things which generally push the price down for Peaks. The last one also had the original packaging, where as this one does not seem to have it (at least, it’s not pictured). I know it coming from Steve definitely gives it a boost in some people’s mind, both because of well, SPYY and because he’s had health issues so (in my mind at least) overpaying for a throw from him is essentially donating some extra cash to him while getting a killer yo-yo as well.

2 Likes

I hope this isn’t the case :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Very happy for Steve and I hope he can reach the highest possible price for him … but the world is undoubtedly going crazy … maybe (and saying yes, I would already think that the thing is pulled by the hair) to reach the prices at which it will arrive , it could make sense for a prototype, with technical characteristics very different from the series model and clearly produced in very few examples (one piece would be more appropriate) but for a series model (of any run that may be) to which it has not simply been done the “finishing treatment”, reaching certain figures, I really find it a circumstance that borders on the absurd.

[provocative mode]
You own a Peak (maybe not one of the most sought after) but you want to have one like that (which apparently gets higher prices in the market) … just a little, a little water, a few grams of caustic soda, soak for a few seconds the parts, rinsed, dried, a nice light polish and that’s it!

1 Like

Woah. Both on eBay?

2 Likes

This thing already got 600+ canadian dollars, and it is just the first day… Peaks still are gold :smiley:

3 Likes

They were private sales IIRC but I heard about them second hand from YoYoBrothers so might be wrong.

3 Likes