FS: Levi "eBay" Painted Peak

1/1 Levi painted “EBay” Peak

$1500 or best offer.

This is mint. There is some paint imperfections but I believe these to be original to the peak. Upon magnification the mark on the inside of the cup does not look like a chip or scratch as there is raised paint next to it. My belief is that it is from the painting process.

This Peak is documented on the history of yo-yos on the Peak History

thread as number 11 Blue with pink fade. Originally listed on eBay on 7/16/2008.

Unfortunately I do not have a box for this Peak.

Please reach out to me with any questions.

16 Likes

wow! you don’t see these for sale, like ever!

8 Likes

@SR1 I hope you’ve recovered enough from the 28 Stories Peak

2 Likes

I’m not up on the lore of these. Why does a simple paint job, make them so desirable?

6 Likes
2 Likes

@EnilLord

@TheSliverKing time for another one

1 Like

I really don’t understand the hype that’s been going on with the peak lately. Regardless of the story, etc etc etc… O.o

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

@Evertonian not sure if this counts in your hunt

3 Likes

Whoever buys this peak, rest assure it will be shipped very well!!

I just Received this peak from him and was blown away at the level of packing!

8 Likes

I could plug my doc or I could just tell you

tl;dr: in the early days of the peak, Levi would custom paint a bunch of the first run of peaks and release them as one-offs on ebay. These have become highly collectible and rare due to several factors like age, collectability, and the fact that it’s the first run of the first yoyo from CLYW. Also they just look awesome lol.

7 Likes

Oh man I’m incredibly jealous. Was this the one from eBay?

2 Likes

Worth noting this is a second run peak - the price is fair either way.

3 Likes

ngl didn’t even notice the 2nd run groove :skull:

4 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say that Jonathan (@boku) is the most A+ seller I’ve dealt with in a long time. He was the one that sold me my 28s Peak, and it was by far the most well packed throw I’ve ever received. So rest assured that if you’re the one that cops this piece of history, it will packed and shipped with the utmost care. Awesome dude, don’t hesitate.

7 Likes

No offense but is it supposed to look like it was spary painted? :thinking:

Because that’s EXACTLY what it looks like :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I believe it was airbrush. Painted peaks are known to have an “eggshell” texture

2 Likes

So that’s a yes… It was spray painted :rofl:

5 Likes

What a gorgeous piece of history.

6 Likes