CLYW Orca, Bonfire, Scout or Chief?

Thanks man! Always think of you when it comes to well informed clyw owners :slight_smile:

Perfect, I have an orca on the way already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I got a good deal so I wasn’t going to pass it up either way

1 Like

Thanks buddy!

Also Get excited. You gonna love that Orca!

Awesome!! Looks like it’ll be the next one I pick up.

Orca sounds like a lot of fun.

If you ask me, If you get the chief you truly will not be disappointed. As Dust stated earlier, it simply is magic

Great choice! Which colorway are you getting it in? :grin:

I will probably get it in the long run :slight_smile:

I’m actually getting it off the BST so it’s not one of the new ones, but it’s horseshoe bay :slight_smile:

:heart_eyes::+1:t3:

between you and me, I prefer the older colorways anyways :wink:

Me too :stuck_out_tongue:

Dust, I have another question (sorry for asking so many questions!)

What does it mean when a yoyo/return top is “floaty”?

For most of them, I would agree :)There are a few of the new ones that I really like though too :wink:

Never apologize about asking questions buddy!

Floaty is a subjective term that will mean something slightly different to everyone you ask. Generally speaking its the feeling of lightness even though the “weighs so-and-so grams” would say it should play heavy.
Weight distribution centered around the hub/nipple/center will have a “floatier” feeling vs something with all its weight pushed out to the outside rim (giving a more solid and stable play) even if they have the same overall weight.

Some people will tell you that a floaty yoyo will have more hang time giving you more time to do your stuff. These people need to understand physics a bit more. haha No yoyo stays in the air longer than any other.

I tend not to use the term myself since its kinda wishy-washy.

However that being said, the floaty CLYW’s that I have that come to mind first would be Bonfire, Chief, Summit.

Wow!! Thank you so much Dust!!

:grin::+1:t3:

Talking about CLYW, I’m very happy that they’re going to start putting in Ceramic KonKaves on their return tops :grin::+1:t3:

Just received my Bonfire earlier this morning… And I agree with you Dust, it is awesome and I feel like a boss throwing it :joy:

Thowiin mine today, and yep. Still feels like a boss. haha

I love it so much!!

Feels like it’s flying when I throw it.

Hey again Dust :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to ask you, is the Scout similar in terms of its feel and playability compared to the Bonfire?

Both play very similar to each other, with the scout having a touch more speed at the helm.

In the hand the feel very similar but differently enough on the string to justify both at some point or another, but if you have one or the other and want something more different than it, you may want look elsewhere.

I think the Scout is fantastic but the Bonfire gets more time in my hand. (That could be due to the rainbow trout colorway and me wanting to keep that one pristine)

The rainbow trout is just :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Okay, thank you!! :grin: