CLYW Manatee or Borealis

My dudes,

I am trying to decide between the Manatee and Borealis. I’m currently throwing a Valor (a lot like almost exclusively) and the Borealis seems real similar so maybe I should pick up the Manatee for the difference. But something about the Borealis speaks to me.

I need help, so please compare and contrast or throw me your opinion.

1 Like

I REALLY loved the Borealis. It’s one yoyo I’ve sold that I continue to consider buying again, the original that is, not the 2. I’ve owned several Manatee’s, really great yoyo, but the Borealis is really really good. Love the shape, and the play.

IMO it’s really different from the Valor, and the Manatee shape wise is closer to the Valor.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Valor, but I have the Manatee, Borealis 1 and 2.

The Manatee is a little more of a (fantastic) novelty throw rather than an every day throw, unless you really love wide throws. It’s definitely worth adding to almost any collection, but wouldn’t be my primary throw.

The Borealis 2 is one of the best monometals I’ve played. It plays very solid, powerful, stable and can go fast when needed. The Borealis 1 plays more organic and less rim weighted (which is visible in the design). I don’t enjoy it nearly as much, but I know some people prefer it to the 2.

All 3 are solid choices, so it’s tough to go wrong.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll just put them both on the short list. Sounds like I’ll probably go for the manatee first for the novelty factor

1 Like

Hmmmmmm, Duncan butterfly. Nah I’m just playing but I think it boils down to shape and specs

1 Like